Pages

Wednesday 28 May 2014

MY NEW MAKEUP STORAGE

Welcome to my new vanity! I've been searching for the perfect storage solution for my makeup that was going to be practical, pretty and affordable and I've finally put together this set up which I am beyond happy with!
The vanity and matching stool were both purchased from Big W. I chose this vanity because the middle section lifts up and reveals a really large storage space as well as having a mirror on the lid! I knew it would be perfect for storing my makeup and also really convenient as a vanity as you can hide everything away in the desk, and when you need to do your makeup its all there - including a big mirror! While the stool is white and probably going to get really dirty, my grandma has been kind enough to make me a washable cover to put over it :)

On top of my vanity on one side I have my brushes in these iconic flower pots from Ikea. I absolutely love the design of these and I have one for my eye brushes and one for face brushes. I also have another one in my cupboard for brushes I don't use everyday. In the little glass jars I have cotton tips and cotton pads for cleaning up mistakes while I'm doing my makeup. I love this storage idea because it looks super cute and it really convenient. I got the jars from the Reject Shop for $1 each.
On the other side of my vanity is my little perspex lipstick holder from Hot Dollar that I bought ages ago for $8. I keep all my everyday lipsticks in there. I also have a candle from Glasshouse Candles and a little tray from Daiso where I keep my perfumes and a few of my favourite luxury products - I couldn't put them in a draw they a just too beautiful!

This is inside the middle compartment of the vanity where I store most of my makeup. I have put two perspex draw dividers also from Big W into this compartment so I could organise my makeup into sections. Starting from the left I have: primers & illuminators as well as a few face palettes, moving over to blushes and bronzers, then smaller eye palettes like quads as well as my cream shadows and down the front eye pencils and finally in the last compartment I have mascaras and all my brow products. In the rest of the compartment I have squeezed in all my other eyeshadow palettes and eyelashes.

In the drawers I keep my extra lip products and all my base products. I bought these little containers from KMart and they are fantastic because they are non-slip and don't move around in the drawers. For my base products I have sorted them into powders at the back and liquid foundation in the front with my concealers fitting down the side. I have similarly organised my lip products into glosses (down the back) and my spare lipsticks, including liquid lipsticks (at the front). I am so happy with these draw organisers and they were only $2 each!

Overall this entire storage solution - including the vanity, stool and all the containers cost around $200 which I am super happy with! The vanity was so easy to put together and I had so much fun re-organising all my makeup. Its crazy to think this time last year all my makeup could fit in a tiny makeup bag. This is definitely my favourite feature in my room now and I'm so excited to have this creative space. 

I hope you enjoyed this post and there were some helpful storage tips for you!

xx Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment