Pages

Friday 23 May 2014

Review: Dr Dennis Gross CC Cream


Say hello to my new favourite every day base product. One fateful day after handing in a stressful assignment, I took a emotional trip to Bondi Junction to shop away my sorrows (I would end up getting my first HD for a law assignment so it really was a good day all round). The fluorescent lights and the soothing white decor of Mecca Cosmetic called my name and I walked in ready to release all my feelings and spend all my money.

Now after my very exciting story on to the actual review. The texture of the CC cream is really interesting, it is a moussey kind of texture that I find is best blended in using two fingers. It has a very light coverage which can definitely be built up. Even with one layer it evens out skin tone and covers redness. It is a perfect coverage to just have a nice light base for every day - just what I wanted. I got the shade fair which is absolutely perfect for my skin tone - I'm talking perfect match!



The finish of this CC is so nice. The reason I got this particular CC cream is because I was looking for a light coverage base that didn't leave such a dewy finish. It leaves a beautiful natural finish that isn't glowy at all but not a true matte. In terms of lasting power, this product definitely needs to be set with a powder. I prefer the Rimmel Stay Matte or Maybelline 24 Hour SuperStay Powder. Once set, it lasts me a whole day of uni and is a perfect base for blush and bronzer. After a full day it is most likely to have come off on and around my nose which is where I am most oily. 

This is quite a pricey product - $52, but I do prefer high end foundations and I definitely think a good base is worth the money. As well as that, whenever I shop at Mecca I know I am going to receive excellent customer service so I'm happy to support local retailers and spend my money in store rather than online.

xx Catherine

* This product was purchased by me with my own money. All opinions are honest and my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment