Pages

Sunday 4 May 2014

Monthly Roundup: April

After a failed attempt at filming a favourites video at the end of March I have so many favourites to share with you this month! I've been trying lots of new products and this month's roundup will include some little reviews.

// Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
Such a fantastic affordable concealer. It is really creamy, easily blended out and provides great coverage under the eyes or over blemishes. I've been reaching for this everyday and much more than my high end concealers so it makes it into my favourites this month! Maybelline is almost always on sale at either Priceline or Target so you can definitely get this at a great price but normally retails for $14.95.

// NYX Love in Paris palette in 'Madeleines and Macarons'
I don't think I've used any other eyeshadow palette this month! This palette from NYX is absolutely gorgeous and had really beautiful matte and shimmery neutral shades. Whilst the shadows themselves aren't the most pigmented I've ever tried, they definitely blend well, have minimal fallout and are not chalky at all. They have a fantastic staying power that is even better with a primer underneath. Overall I think this is an amazing affordable eyeshadow palette with really cute packaging too. The fact that I've used it every time I've done an eye look this month speaks for itself. They retail for $16.95 from Target or $10 online from cherryculture.

// Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner
Hands down my favourite skincare product this month! My skin has recently become quite dry as the weather gets colder which I'm not used to at all. This has been so helpful adding moisture back into my skin after cleansing and it is also really refreshing. Recently repurchased and absolutely recommend! Probably my favourite from the Sukin range. Sukin is available at Priceline and selected chemists.

// New Lipstick Discoveries
R-L: Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm, Ulta3 Matte Lipstick, Sportsgirl Lipstick, Australis Colour Inject Lipstick.

I'm still on the hunt for the perfect everyday lipstick or just that one lipstick that I'll fall head over heels for. Unfortunately, April was not the month and I'm still looking for my one true lipstick love. However, here are a few fun ones I've recently discovered and definitely recommend:
  • Sportsgirl 'Pout About It' Lipcolour in Berrylicious - I am beyond impressed with this lipstick from Sportsgirl. It is super matte while still being comfortable on the lips and really longlasting. The best thing is its really affordable at under $10. Berrylicious is probably the craziest lip colour I own, being a bright purple but I loved the formula so much I can really see myself pulling this one out quite a lot!
  • Ulta3 Matte Lipstick in Harem Pink - Another fantastic affordable matte lipstick. The colour is definitely the defining feature of this lipstick though, its so beautiful and I've never seen anything like it! I wore it in my $20 Makeup challenge which you can check out here.
  • Australis Colour Inject Mineral Lipstick in Ballet - I pull this lipstick out whenever I'm not sure what to wear on my lips and am never disappointed! Such a beautiful peachy pink with a really nice sheer, moisturising and build able formula.
  • Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Elusive - My favourite of the Matte Balm colours. I go on about these enough and you can check out my full review here.
I've definitely made some progress with more of my beauty goals I set myself at the beginning of the year which is very exciting! I've officially mastered applying false lashes and have been shopping for all different types of lashes ever since. I've found a few great pairs from Ardell as well as really affordable ones from Daiso! I even picked up this adorable eyelash holder from Daiso, its so cute I couldn't not have it.
Thank you to all my new followers and everyone who reads and posts a comment! I love hearing all your feedback.
Wishing everyone a wonderful month of May <3
xx Catherine

1 comment:

  1. Hey Catherine,
    I've nominated you for a liebster award =]
    check out the details on this link http://heelsssss.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete