Pages

Wednesday 30 April 2014

My Everyday Makeup Bag



//For Touch ups
  • Benefit Hello Flawless Powder
I love this one because it is so finely milled and is the perfect colour for my skin tone, which I normally have difficulty finding in powders. It is perfect for touching up on the go and also super convenient because it comes with a little brush and sponge so there's no need for me to carry around another brush!
  • Essence Tribal Summer Blotting Papers
I always like to use blotting papers before I re-powder my face as it makes sure product isn't building up on top of oil and create cakiness. These ones are very convenient and affordable. I'm sure Essence stock blotting papers in their normal range as well.

//On the Lips
  • Maybelline Baby Lips
Lip balm is an absolute staple and I love the Baby Lips range from Maybelline. I always carry a tinted one as well as a regular one just in case I've forgotten to pop the lippy I'm wearing into my bag so I can still pull my look together with something on my lips.
  • Revlon ColourBurst balms
I'm absolutely obsessed with these and have both the matte and lacquer balms in my collection. I like carrying these around because they are so easy to apply without a mirror and are also quite moisturising on the lips. At the moment I have the lacquer balm in 'Coquette', a gorgeous bright pink and my favourite matte balm in 'Elusive' which is one of my favourite everyday shade.

//Just in Case
  • Garnier SOS Repairing Hand Balm with Shea Butter
Hand cream is an absolute must and this one is my favourite as it smells great and has the thickness and intensity I need. My hands often get very dry so I like to keep them moisturised a lot and it also helps keep my nails long and healthy.
  • Nail File
I'm a bit obsessive with filing and shaping my nails, so of course I carry a file with me at all times! This is one I just picked up from the supermarket.
  • Hair elastics and bobby pins
I'm one of those people that always has the hair tie you need in times of crisis. Mostly it makes me feel good and I like to be prepared.

p.s. How cute is this little makeup bag from Benefit?! It has one of the Benefit girls saying 'I know more about makeup than you because I grow the stuff!' I'm obsessed :)

What beauty items do you like to carry on a daily basis?

xx Catherine

1 comment:

  1. I bought some of the Revlon lip crayon's the other day. My favourite is the matte one you have there. It's a great every day colour. I also love my BeneFit Flawless. It's great alone or over the top of liquid foundation.

    ReplyDelete