Pages

Friday 18 April 2014

Review and Swatches: Ulta3 Lip Paint



I recently picked up two shades of Ulta3's new lip release 'Lip Paint'. These retail for $5.95 and are available from selected pharmacies. After recently falling in love with there moisturising and matte lipstick formulas I was super excited to try these. I have the shades Expressive Fuchsia and Radical Red.

First of all I adore the packaging. I think its really cute and looks like a little paint tube. The lid screws on properly so you won't have any trouble throwing these in your handbag. The only thing is that the colour of the tube is not the true colour of the product so swatching is a must!

The formula is actually much less liquid-y than I was expecting which made application very easy. I was expecting something similar to the Rimmel Apocalips which I find gets quite messy, but along with the firm doe foot applicator the product was very easy and 'no-fuss' to apply to the lips. This is probably the best part of the product because with such bold colours and glossy finish you definitely want a perfect application. The product does have a minty smell, similar to the Revlon Balm range which I personally love but may not be for everyone.

Finally, both colours were absolutely gorgeous and bright. Expressive Fuchsia is a gorgeous blue-based pink and I think it would look fantastic on darker skin tones. Radical Red is again a blue-based shade and a red that I don't have anything similar to in my collection. I love the glossy finish of these as well and I recommend two layers for complete opacity.

Overall, very impressed with these liquid lipsticks and the fact that they are so easy to apply means I'll be reaching for them often. I also really want to get my hands on the other shade Manic Mauve.

Hope you enjoyed this review and let me know if you've tried any of the Ulta3 Lip Paints.
xx Catherine

p.s. I hope you all have a fantastic Easter and long weekend!


2 comments:

  1. These are fantastic! I have reviewed three of them on my blog. You should try Manic Mauve, its a really nice colour :) I also love the fuschia one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I saw your swatches and you have convinced me to get Manic Mauve :)

    ReplyDelete