Pages

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Sick Day Saviours

The last week and a half have been quite stressful with loads of assignments and of course coming down with a cold in the middle of it all. When my skin gets chronically dry and lips are always cracked, these are the products that add little bit of comfort when I resemble something of a walking viral plague.
  1. Bio Oil - the ultimate saviour - I think it should be a staple in everyone's skin care stash. A few years ago I struggled with really dry skin for about 2 weeks, having to apply moisturiser almost every few hours to stop my face from being in pain. The only thing that helped regain moisture into my skin was Bio Oil. Since then I reach for it in any time of need. I like putting it on my lips and around my nose as it keeps them moisturised for longer than vaseline or papaw and is more comfortable.
  2. Lucas' PaPaw Ointment - I carry this around like a baby when I'm sick. When I don't want any lip balm that is scented or tinted this is exactly what I reach for. A cult product that you would probably find in most handbags.
  3. Natio Antioxidant Face Moisturiser - I featured this product a few times and it was in my February favourites. It smells like green tea so even the thought of putting this on my face is soothing. I like using this in the evening to really refresh my skin overnight. This is a really affordable product too and I find all the skincare from Natio is fantastic.
  4. Kosmea Rosehip Oil - Recently I've been putting a little bit of this on before I put on my moisturiser and I go to bed. It has really helped with added a little bit of extra moisture and I wake up feeling that my skin has really been replenished overnight. After struggling with a lot of breakouts earlier in the month, this has also helped with scarring and surprisingly, I have noticed a reduction in the size of my pores!
And finally, the best way to keep warm and relax when you're sick is to take a bath! I love having baths and bath ballistics or bubble bars from Lush just make having baths so much more fun. And it goes without saying, snuggle up in bed and watch as many episodes as you can of your favourite tv show! 

I hope you all had a fantastic Easter weekend and keep these tips in handy as we come into winter and the cold and flu season.

xx Catherine 

1 comment:

  1. love the good old paw paw and bio oil is my best friend atm,,,btw i nominated you for Liebster award you can check it out here http://makeupmeandyoyo.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/liebster-award-2.html

    ReplyDelete