Pages

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Drugstore v High End

For something a little bit different I decided to try to do a look using only drugstore products and then try and recreate it using only high end products. I chose to do a bronze smokey eye, with a red lip and highlighted face. I also used mineral foundation in both looks.

Drugstore
High end




















I wanted to show how drugstore products can be used to create very similar effects for just a fraction of the price. Although I do love my high end products, if you're someone who isn't willing to spend a lot of money on cosmetics, which is totally reasonable, you can still create beautiful makeup looks with budget friendly products. 

My advice - its all about the application. Drugstore products applied with care and the right tools can create really fantastic results. I think having a good set of brushes is key and there are definitely a lot of affordable options - my brushes of choice are the Real Techniques brushes.



Let me know which look you prefer!
xx Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment