Pages

Sunday 27 April 2014

Makeup and Skincare Haul

I had this week off uni and did a little bit of shopping picking up some new beauty items.

//Makeup

I've been looking for a lightweight foundation or tinted moisturiser for a while now but I really didn't know which one I wanted to try and if the products that had a light coverage were going to be too dewy. I eventually decided to go into Mecca. I always go into Mecca when I have a beauty conundrum because the staff are always so amazing and helpful. I didn't go in with any expectations and was recommended the Dr Dennis Gross CC cream. After I tried it on my face I absolutely loved the finish - it wasn't completely matte but had a nice natural finish and didn't feel at all too wet on my face. I'm really impressed so far and will give you a review after I've given it a good test run

Target was having a bit of a beauty sale and I decided to go in to get some lipsticks from Maybelline, but all the ones I wanted were sold out :( I ended up choosing the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in translucent as I've heard so many great things about this powder and it was 30% at around $9 so I had to buy it!

//Skincare


I had to repurchase some of my daily skincare items as conveniently all my skincare products are running out at once. My first repurchase was the Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner which I have been loving, especially now as my skin is becoming drying into the colder weather. I also wanted to get some more rosehip oil as my little sample size from Kosmea was running out. Kosmea isn't stocked at Priceline so I picked up the Trilogy Rosehip Oil instead. Finally, I picked up the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water to see what all the fuss is about.



Finally, after finishing all my bath ballistics from Lush I couldn't stand the thought of not having a bath without one so when my sister went into the city I got her to pick some up for me. I chose three that I hadn't tried before - Butterball, The Secret Garden and Blackberry. I also got a container to house them in called the 'Pillar of Fizz'. I thought it was a great storage idea to keep my bath ballistics near the bath without worrying about the packaging getting wet.

Let me know if you've tried any of these items. Also I've just put an order through crushcosmetics.com.au so be expecting another haul soon!

I hope you enjoyed this post and have a beautiful week <3


xx Catherine

2 comments:

  1. Good haul! These are all items that I would buy :) I've already ordered the Trilogy rosehip oil so keen to receive it and start using it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! not a huge haul but I was excited to try some new things :) let me know how you like the rosehip oil - I've found it so good for my skin lately, it really helps with scarring

      Delete