Pages

Friday 11 April 2014

Style Stories

Oooh a fashion post how exciting!! I thought I would give you guys a little look inside my wardrobe and share some of my fashion and style preferences. I'm not a huge fashion person and buying expensive designer items is definitely not one of priorities. However, I am obsessed with beauty and makeup and of course have a natural tendency towards fashion and enjoying putting together fun, interesting outfits.

I can't leave the house without?

Some sort of handbag that is of a reasonable size! I absolutely love big handbags and going out to clubs is the worst because I hate clutches and tiny little bags like I want to be able to fit a water bottle, jacket, makeup bag, diary etc...

I would never wear...

Short shorts...I have learned the hard way that my legs just aint built for that.

Most recent purchase?

I bought a pair of black trouser/leggings from the Cole's 'Mix' clothing range. They were only $14 and omg they are so comfy and are surprisingly good quality. Never thought I'd be buying pants from the supermarket! I also bought 2 necklaces from Lovisa - a funky, multicoloured one with beads and tassels as well as a very chic one thats long and has a knot at the end. I absolutely love Lovisa for costume jewellery and they always have sales.

Favourite fashion basics?

Definitely my Levi's - I wear them most days and they are just so comfy and fit my body shape so well. My other favourite basics are sandals for summer and boots for winter. Both style of shoe are so versatile with almost any outfit, pants, skirts, dresses.. everyone definitely needs a good pair of sandals and a good pair of boots.



I can't live without?

Again, my Levi Curve ID jeans. I had so much trouble with jeans until I found these ones. They are an amazing fit for curvy girls 100% my no.1 fashion love.

Friends would describe my style as...

A lot of people say my style is that of a typical law student - I usually get quite dressed up for any everyday occasion, particularly uni! Friends definitely would describe my everyday style as smart casual and my girlfriend once described my fashion choices as 'young corporate'.

My most embarrassing fashion purchase was...

Oh god sooo many... I think the worst was when I went through a stage of really being into second hand clothes and thrifting but I just really wasn't that great at finding good items, I remember picking up this corduroy jacket which was beige and had a floral print oh it was so awful and it was handmade too and just had the ugliest zipper. I really don't know what I was thinking.

I am inspired by...

I am inspired by my favourite female role models, mostly Stevie Nicks and Debbie Harry. Both amazing musicians and front women their styles are both very different but also so interesting and unique. I love Stevie's hippie, boho style which inspires my love for all things floral and patterned. And Debbie Harry's distinctive mod style has definitely inspired most of the silhouettes in my wardrobe - short tailored skirts and dresses with monochrome prints and cropped shirts.

Check out this great article about Stevie Nicks' style.

What did I wear to my high school formal?

For my year 10 formal I wore a beautiful vintage, 50s style dress which I absolutely love and to this day is my favourite item in my wardrobe. For my year 12 formal I wore a gorgeous floor length coral coloured dress with these incredible multi-coloured satin wedges! I was definitely a bit more daring but with the extra weight I gained in year 12 it was probably the wrong choice.

Year 10 formal with my lovely friend Charlotte 
Year 12 Formal
Hope you enjoyed this fashion post and learned a little bit about my style :)
xx Catherine


No comments:

Post a Comment