Pages

Monday 12 May 2014

FOTD: Arctic Monkeys Concert




Last week I went to see my favourite band live, The Arctic Monkeys. My outfit was pretty standard - band shirt and denim jacket, so I thought I would do something really exciting with my makeup. Something about this event screamed a red lip to me, so I paired a classic red lip with a winged liner and long lashes. Read on to see how I got this look!


Base
My new favourite full coverage foundation is the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation which gives the most flawless finish. Applied with a BeautyBlender... wow! I used the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer under my eyes and finished off with a little bit of the Rimmel Stay Matte translucent powder to set my concealer and t-zone.

Cheeks
My go to night out cheek look is - contouring with Benefit's Hoola and using my Real Techniques contour brush from the core collection. For blush, MAC Melba and to finish off, Australis Mineral Face Highlighter in Pearl. This is such a great combo to compliment a flawless base and create a natural but defined look on the cheeks.

Eyes
I used my new Nudes palette from ChiChi to create a neutral eye look with mostly shimmer shadows and a matte brown throughout the crease for definition. I also used a darker shade on my bottom lashes. I lined both my top and bottom waterlines with a black kohl pencil from Models Prefer and my trusty Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner did a fantastic job as usual in creating a dramatic flick. I also added these super cute lashes which were from Forever 21. I loved these lashed because they were super long and flirty but not so dense so they looked quite natural. To fill in my (way out of control) brows, I used my two favourite brow products - Benefit's Gimme Brow and the Essence Eyebrow Designer.

Lips
Finally, to finish off the look, MAC Red by MAC on the lips.

I hope you enjoyed this simple, but classic dramatic look!
xx Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment