Pages

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Empties - What I'm Throwing Out #1

If you don't read many beauty blogs or watch beauty videos on YouTube you might find it strange that I'm showing you my rubbish! However, I love these posts because after finishing a product you can really get a sense of how it works and give a really good review. So here are all the products I've used up in the last couple of months as well as products that were so bad I had to throw them out anyway!



// smartskin Moisturising Facial Cleansing Wipes
The smartskin wipes are my most used because they are only $2 from Woolworths. To be honest I can't justify spending more than that on wipes and these do the job particularly as I have a pretty thorough cleansing routine after I take off my makeup anyway. I use these for everything as well, wiping up spills, cleaning makeup bottles, getting lipstick off surfaces - so these are cheap and multipurpose!
Repurchase: Definitely, already have a few back ups!

// Purex Visage Daily Control Facial Cleansing Wipes
These were ok, fairly similar to the smartskin wipes but perhaps had a little bit more moisture to them. They were thinner though and I found myself putting my fingers through them often. I'm pretty sure my mum bought these online and I just took them from her bathroom.
Repurchase: No, I wouldn't know where to get them anyway

// wotnot Facial Wipes for oily/sensitive skin
I got these as a sample and wow these are very luxurious! Amazingly soft, so moisturising and the wipes themselves were so big - I liked having the extra surface area when removing my makeup.
Repurchase: I loved these, but to be honest I don't think I will purchase them, mainly because of the price.


// Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner
I've already talked about this heaps on my blog! Check out my review from my Monthly Roundup.
Repurchase: Already have!

// Sukin Revitalising Facial Scrub
I have really enjoyed the skincare from Sukin and this scrub was no exception. It is a really gentle scrub that uses natural ingredients like bamboo and walnut shells that work really well to exfoliate the skin. While I found this worked well to maintain my skin, It didn't have any outstanding effects. However, if you have normal skin and don't experience any breakouts or other skin concerns this is a fantastic gentle scrub.
Repurchase: Possibly in the future, I'm keen to try some other scrubs out though.

// Natio Antioxidant Face Moisturiser
Again, another product I have already reviewed and you can check out that review here. My favourite night time moisturiser!
Repurchase: Already have!

// Kosmea Rosehip Oil
I was so happy I received this sample in my David Jones sample tote and adding rose hip oil to my skincare routine has made a huge difference. It is fantastic in adding moisture to your skin and for me I have found its smooths my skin, reduces pores and adds a little extra glow as well! 
Repurchase: Definitely. I already purchased some more rosehip oil but from Trilogy.

// Revlon Age Defying Face Serum
This was a sample and it was ok as a serum and worked particularly well in the summer months when my skin was more oily than it is now. To be honest, I used this without much thought as it was a sample and I know I'm not looking for any anti-ageing products so unfortunately this review isn't very helpful.
Repurchase: No.



// Girlz Only XXL Volume-Plus Dry Shampoo
This is a fantastic dry shampoo and its only $2 at Target! I definitely recommend this version over the original as it gives a more intense clean as well as having a nicer scent. As it is marketed to, it definitely adds extra volume to your hair so a great option for those with fine or limp hair.
Repurchase: Definitely! I do have a few dry shampoos going at the moment though, so not right away.
// Garnier Body Intensive 7 Days Repairing Lotion
My favourite body lotion, this is a really light moisturiser that has a thin consistency which makes it super easy to apply and is fast absorbing. My skin gets really dry and this is the perfect moisturiser for everyday to lock in the moisture and the thin consistency makes it perfect for everyday application - just slap it on and go. 
Repurchase: Already have ! This time in mango flavour mmmm
// The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Shower gel
I absolutely love this shower gel mostly because the smell was so fresh and fruity. It was a foaming showergel which meant the easiest way to apply it is on a soft sponge or loofa. I definitely recommend these shower gels and this scent in particular is great if you love citrus.
Repurchase: I don't tend to buy these kind of things for myself so probably not.
// Dove Clear Touch Roll On Deodorant
I have been converted to roll on! This deodorant is amazing because there is no residue left behind and my fears of roll on feeling wet and gross were all gone after finding this one. This doesn't have a notable scent which I prefer but there are others available in the range. I find I keep dry and fresh all day so this is definitely a great deodorant to try if you struggle with perspiration.
Repurchase: Already have!

And on to the products that I couldn't bring myself to use anymore...



// Simple Eye Make-up Corrector Pen
While the idea of this is appealing, unfortunately it doesn't work. I found it just made things messier, the tip got dirty and I couldn't clean it and in the end you can use a cotton bud with a little bit of makeup remover on the end and it will do a much better job at cleaning up little mistakes.

// Essence BB Cream
This is just one big orange mess! It provides little coverage, is so difficult to blend out, smells awful and worst of all is the most unflattering doritos-orange. Its so bad I am upset about the $3 I spent on it, which is a shame because Essence have some really fantastic affordable products.

// Revlon Nail Art Nail Polish 
I had two of these and have had to throw them both out. The formula of the nail polish is awful and is so hard to apply without having so many streaks. Also because of the double ended packaging when stored standing up, one end is going to get stuck in the lid and go all gloopy. I don't know I just really didn't like this product and think its a bit gimmicky.

I apologise for the extremely long post but I hope you found some of these reviews helpful.
Have a beautiful day,
Catherine xx

2 comments:

  1. How great is that Girlz only dry shampoo!? Such good quality for the price!

    ReplyDelete