Pages

Monday 19 May 2014

Update & Favourite Autumn Trends

Last week at uni can only be described as the week from hell. With the end of semester comes so many assignments and to say I'm stressed out would be the biggest understatement of the year. But that's all the boring stuff... I've had some really exciting things happening beauty wise and in relation to my blog so I cannot wait to share these exciting things with you all...(maybe even a completely new makeup storage!!)

Today I really wanted to write about some of my favourite trends from Autumn as we end into winter in only a couple of weeks. Enjoy my top 5 Autumn trends which I will totally be wearing into winter as well !

1// Matte Lips

To be honest sometimes I can be a little lazy with my makeup, especially when I have to get to uni for a 9am class. This usually means basics - foundation, powder, a little bit of blush, mascara and of course lipstick. And if I'm going to be at uni all day I really don't want to have to worry about touch ups AT ALL. That's why I've been loving these matte lipsticks, put them on in the morning and they are going to stay on all day between eating and drinking and running around campus. I've especially been loving my new lipsticks from Shanghai Suzy and of course my ultimate favourite nude is Australis Go Long Lipstick in Preppy. For Autumn I've been mixing it up between bright berry/pink shades, my go-to nude pink or a peachy coral.
2// Cream Blushes and Cheek Stains

Because I prefer a matte base, I always like to add a little extra glow to my cheeks with a cream blush. I love that subtle pop of colour that gives the impression of watercolours or flower petals floating in water. I mentioned the Sportsgirl cream blush I'm loving in my last weekly beauty edit and my other favourites are the Stila Convertible Colour in Lillium and the Benefit Lollitint which I love on my lips as well.



3// 'Lit From Within'

Continuing the glowing cheeks theme I have absolutely been obsessed with highlighting, again particularly with liquid products. The Australis Mineral Highlighter in Pearl is so gorgeous, if you don't have this in your collection you definitely need to get on it ASAP! Super affordable and so beautiful.

4// Sculpted Cheeks

I've really been getting onto the contour bandwagon especially since I've got the hang of my Real Techniques contour brush. For an everyday contour (if I have the time) I love using the NYX blush in Taupe which is fabulous for creating a really natural shadow effect. For night time looks I can't go past my favourite bronzer, Hoola by Benefit. Combined with MAC blush in Melba and topped off with the Australis highlight is my ultimate go to 'dressed up' look. Check it out in my FOTD here.



5// False Lashes

Ever since I've figured out how to apply false lashes I can't get enough! I'm obsessed with long flirty lashes, corner lash accents and really full ones to add volume as well. Since i've always lacked a little bit in the lash department all my greatest lash dreams have come true. I can definitely see myself adding lashes to my looks all throughout winter.

I hope you enjoyed this post, hopefully things will get back to normal this week and here's a little sneak peek at my new makeup storage (eeek!!) - I'll be doing a makeup collection post in the very near future.


Have a beautiful week!

xx Catherine

2 comments: