Pages

Saturday 1 February 2014

Monthly Roundup: January

I thought instead of just doing monthly favourites posts, I'd take the chance at the end of each month to stop and reflect on things I've been loving in terms of makeup and fashion and also to update on the progress of some of my beauty goals for the year.

This month has been very exciting in terms of my blog. In the first month I reach 1 000 page views, received a lot of positive feedback from readers and have been able to really expand my horizons by reading so many other beauty blogs and most importantly being inspired by all the other beautiful beauty bloggers out there :)

Pick of the month:

I never thought I would find a mascara that came close to my favourite - the Lancôme Hypnôse, however I was pleasantly surprised when I tried the Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious. It absolutely outdid all my expectations and most notably gave so much length to my lashes and made them look really curled as well without even using an eyelash curler. As pictured below it has a really big 'fluffy' fibre brush which is definitely the type of brush I prefer. Although the Lancôme Hypnôse still remains my favourite, the Revlon Lash Potion has a much dryer formula which makes my lashes look curled and super long all day because they aren't being weighed down by a heavier formula- however, it does smudge much faster than the Lancôme Hypnôse. I am super happy I stumbled across this mascara and will continue to repurchase!



Spending ban update:

I'm so so so excited that my two month spending ban is finally coming to an end! I did cheat a little and bought something with a voucher - but still haven't spent any money on cosmetics and I am really proud of myself for following through with the challenge. I can't believe I haven't bought a single makeup item for two months and have so many things I want to try. Get ready for a few hauls coming in the next few weeks!

That's all I really have to update you all on this month ! I am really excited for my next couple of posts so please come back to check them out :)

xx Cat ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment