Pages

Friday 28 February 2014

Monthly Roundup: February

With my spending ban over at the beginning of the month, February has definitely seen a big increase in my makeup collection! I am so happy with some of the new products I've tried this month and as a result have made some good progress with my beauty goals for the year!

This month my favourite post was my OOTD - check it out if you missed it and I will definitely be doing more of these in the future; it was so much fun to put together and got such an overwhelming response!

Picks of the Month:
  • Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Inked in Pink - I wore this so much in February with just a CC cream, big lashes, bronzer and a pink gloss. The perfect everyday look that takes no effort but actually looks like you have! I love the Colour Tattoos for how long lasting they are and picked up Bad to the Bronze for autumn.
  • Natio Antioxidant Face Moisturiser - I have had so much trouble with my skin this month but after using this every night my skin has regained its moisture and has even helped with calming down breakouts. I don't know what I would have done without it this month and I desperately need to get some more! I love the Natio skin care range and would definitely recommend.
  • Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush - A product I already reviewed this month that just makes applying foundation a dream and creates an absolutely flawless base. 
Makeup Storage:

After much deliberation and numerous trips to IKEA, I've decided to go with the Alex drawers. Watch any beauty guru's makeup collection on Youtube and you'll be sure to see some of these drawers as part of their storage solution. IKEA furniture is great and I love how you can buy inserts for these drawers, similar to cutlery organisers, to section each drawer. Although I really wanted a vanity, I just don't have the room and I can't get rid of my desk because I use it a lot to study. I'll be saving up in the next couple of weeks to buy it and I really need to slow down on beauty purchases because at the moment I've completely run out of room!



Skills and Techniques:

One of my other beauty goals this year was to improve some of my techniques to create cleaner, flawless looks. Trying out a few different foundations and brushes this month has been great in helping me create a flawless base - as you've probably noticed a lot of my posts have been reviewing base products. In March I'm going to try and focus more on the eyes, in particular creating cleaner eyeshadow looks. 

Thank you to all my lovely readers and everyone who has given me positive feedback this month! 
xx Cat ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment