Pages

Wednesday 19 February 2014

Flawless Base; by Benefit

Another weekend, another trip to Benefit! Mum and I visited the Brow Bar for a wax and tint and then headed over to the beauty counter where some of the lovely staff treated us to a mini makeover/makeup lesson. I absolutely love visiting the Benefit counter because the staff are always so amazing and friendly.

I wanted to focus on complexion and try some products to create a really flawless base. The product I tried on my face was the Play sticks 3-in-1 foundation, concealer and powder. WOW! Just with one layer applied with a paddle type foundation brush it created the most flawless, full coverage base that looked liked it just melted into my skin but didn't feel like I was wearing such a full coverage product.

Look how much a difference a brow tint makes!
Since I just bought a new foundation last week, and the Play sticks are on the more pricey side, I decided to buy the Hello Flawless pressed powder instead since I was desperate for a new pressed powder! I have been using the Australis Fresh & Flawless and I was surprised that it didn't work for me considering it is widely reviewed as a great product, but even the lightest shade was way too dark and orangey for me. This shade is "I Love Me Ivory" which is a much better match for my skin tone. This is also beautifully finely milled and just takes the shine off without looking cakey - everything you need in a powder!

Although you're paying a little extra for Benefit products you're definitely getting a fabulous quality product in cute, sturdy packaging (I love how they close with a magnet) and it even comes with both a little brush and a sponge which is a really nice touch!

Overall another amazing experience at Benefit. I was super impressed with the products that created a truly flawless base. The Play stick has definitely gone on my wish list and I'm thinking of ordering it on the Benefit website to save some money.

xx Cat ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment