Pages

Wednesday 6 August 2014

July Bellabox 'American Beauty'



 
I was super excited to receive my second Bellabox in the mail this month particularly as the sneak peeks revealed some very exciting products! Bellabox is $15 a month and you get 5-6 samples as well as full size beauty products. Here's what I got in my box:

//Designer Brands Lip Butter 
I got the coconut flavour in my box and to be honest this product doesn't excite me at all. I have so many lip balms at the moment and this one comes in a little tub so I wont even carry it around in my handbag. I will be passing this one on.

//Nicole by OPI Nail Lacquer in 'You're an Angel'
I was so excited to see this was in my box as it was one of the sneak peek items I was hoping to receive! The colour is a beautiful pink with gold shimmer and something I would definitely wear, particularly coming into spring. I have tried the Nicole by OPI polishes before and love the formulation so this is a great inclusion in the box.

//Anastasia Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat
This was another sneak peek item I received in my box and I was so happy to get 2 out of the 3 in my box! I don't own any waterproof mascara and this looks perfect to apply over any mascara to seal in the colour and make it waterproof. Definitely an interesting product I wouldn't have necessarily picked out myself but really interested to try. It is fantastic to see Anastasia products being included in Bellabox.

//Designer Brands Paw Paw Plus Hand Cream
Another product from Designer Brands? I was slightly disappointed because DB isn't exactly a brand I'm interested in trying. However, this hand cream is actually really nice and doesn't feel like Papaw ointment at all which I was worried about. It has a nice, subtle floral scent and leaves my hands feeling soft whilst absorbing quickly. This will definitely go straight into my handbag!

//Chapstick Ultimate Lipkit
This little tin is so adorable! I've seen these all over instagram but never been able to get my hands on them. Inside is three Chapsticks -Classic, Strawberry and Apple. Whilst I do enjoy the tin, I don't really need three chapsticks especially considering I already received another lip balm in this box and the Apple chapstick in my previous box.

//Mary Kay Botanical Effects Face Mask
This was the bonus items in this months box which I'm really excited about because I loved trying the mask from last months box. A great inclusion that I love to save for pamper days.

One thing I am disappointed about is the fact that I received four lip balms in this one box - and I had already received a Chapstick in the last box. I know for a fact Bellabox has access to a wide variety of brands and products to put in the boxes as there are quite a number of different boxes sent out each month. This does make me a little disappointed to see the same product appear in my Bellabox two months in a row.

I give the July Bellabox 3/5.

So far I am really enjoying receiving my monthly subscription boxes and will definitely keep subscribing for the near future.

xx Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment