Pages

Sunday 17 August 2014

Makeup and Outfit of the Night: Law Ball

Last weekend was the annual Law Ball for my university Law Society so I thought I would share with you how I wore my makeup and also some photos of my outfit as well! I've also tried to link as many of the items from my outfit as I can.
I had been planning my makeup look for so long and really wanted something really soft and pretty using corals to compliment the colours of my dress. I took a massive risk and wore a foundation I never had worn before - the Bourjois Healthy Mix - but I was so happy with the finish. To finish off my base, I set my foundation with the Face of Australia translucent setting powder, contoured with my favourite Body Shop bronzer and added a pop of colour to the cheeks using Posietint from Benefit. I created my eyeshadow look using the 'Oh So Special' palette from Sleek and smudged a darker shadow along the lash line instead of using a liner. Finally, on my lips I wore 'Coral Bliss' by MAC one of my new favourite lip colours.
My dress was a gorgeous, floor length gown which I ordered online from Miss Selfridge. It fit beautifully and the intricacy of the beading and sequins was stunning.
Because of the detail of my dress, I went pretty simple in terms of my accessories. I wore simple pearl earrings from The Peach Box and tied those in with a few gold and pearl rings from Colette. My gold and crystal bracelet was also from Colette. I wanted to wear simple nude polish on my nails to add further sophistication to the look. This polish was 'No Angel' from the Face of Australia Screen Siren LE collection.
I also did makeup for my beautiful girlfriend, Maddy. I chose a purple palette for her look to really compliment the green tones in her dress. To even out the complexion I used her favourite foundation from CK One (Calvin Klein's makeup range which can be bought at counters in Myer). For eyeshadow I used the Marc Jacobs Eyeshadow palette in 'The Tease'. I had such a fan girl moment over this palette and it is now at the top of my wishlist! I also created a winged liner look with the Maybelline Master Precise liquid liner. For a flush of colour on the cheeks I used Lollitint by Benefit and finished off the look with Rebel by MAC on the lips.
I was so happy with how Maddy's look turned out and probably the best makeup I've ever done on another person!
I had such an amazing night seeing all my friends looking so beautiful, dancing and of course drinking champaign by the bottle!

I hope you enjoyed this post! What's your favourite look for a formal event?

xx Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment