Pages

Monday 11 August 2014

July Violet Box

After absolutely loving my experience with my first subscription box in June, I decided to subscribe to another service so I could continue to receive new products to try that I wouldn't necessarily pick up myself. I decided to subscribe to Violet Box - another Australian beauty subscription service. I chose Violet Box because the price, which is around $22 a month, as well as hearing really positive reviews from other bloggers. Here's what I received in my first Violet Box:





//Skin & Co Truffle Therapy Serum
Suffering from really dry skin lately I was really excited to see this sample included. This is a great sample size so I will be able to get some good use out of it! The full size of this product is quite expensive and I really love trying out higher end skincare in subscription boxes so this is a fantastic inclusion!

//Sukin Skin Purifying Facial Mask
If you read my recent review of the July Bellabox you will know I love receiving face masks in my subscription boxes so I was really happy with this inclusion. I also love Sukin as a brand, so I can't wait to try these and possibly buy the full size. The mask itself is supposed to draw out the dirt and grime from your pores whilst nourishing the skin- something I definitely need!

//KMS California Hair Play Molding Paste
This product gives texture and definition to your hair and is quite a thick. I have absolutely no idea about styling products because my hair is dead straight and behaves on its own but I'm quite interested to see how this works. I don't see this product really suiting me, because of my fine hair but I can definitely pass it on to one of my many curly-haired family members or friends.

//Laqa&Co Sheer Lip Lube
For a 'sheer' lip product this definitely packs a punch. The colour is vibrant, pigmented and the product itself feels gorgeous and moisturising on the lips. It's also a twist up pencil which is a must have for me when it comes to lip products - sharpening is just too messy! Unfortunately the colour is so unflattering on me. Because I'm fairly pale, blue based fushia colours just don't suit me. I really want to make it work otherwise I will pass it on to a tanner friend.

//Dr. Hauschka Lavender Sandalwood Calming Body Wash
I'm not one to use fancy body washes so this product doesn't excite me too much, however, I will definitely get use out of it. I always think a successful inclusion in a subscription box is a product everyone will get use out of no matter what. This does have a gorgeous scent as well so I'm sure to enjoy this in my next shower!

//So Susan Flutter Mascara
I love mascaras and they are one of my favourite beauty items to try so I am so impressed to receive a full size in this months box! I also haven't heard of the brand So Susan before so I am really interested to see how I like this product.

I have to say, the Violet Box website is slightly more difficult to navigate than the Bellabox website and I did also have more difficulty setting up my subscription. Never the less, I received my box to the correct address and within July!

Overall, I was really impressed with the box itself and its contents. The variety was excellent and it is amazing value with two full size beauty items! For an extra $7 than the Bellabox, this is definitely worth the extra value and I also feel Violet Box includes more unique and exciting brands.

I give the July Violet Box 4/5.

xx Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment