Pages

Friday 29 August 2014

August Bellabox 'Sport Your Style'



Bellabox is $15 a month and you receive 5-6 beauty samples (sometimes full sized products!). The August box was the third Bellabox I have received and what I have figured out is that there are actually a few different boxes that get sent out each month, so you may get the same box as someone else, or with a slight difference, or you may get a completely different box altogether. Also I received my box much earlier this month compared to other boxes which was a nice surprise!

// Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion
I really enjoy the Aveeno range and already own a full size of their Stress Relief lotion. I think this is a great sample size and I will definitely be popping it in my travel bag which I am carrying a lot lately for overnight stays. While not an overly exciting inclusion, definitely a practical one and I can't look past the fact that it is a product I already love.

// Australian Bush Flower Calm & Clear Mist
This is a fantastic inclusion to this month's box as I definitely need some help to calm down! I have been spraying this on my pillow before I go to sleep and it definitely has a nice relaxing scent. A really unique inclusion to this box and something I wouldn't have tried otherwise. The only annoyance I have with this sample is their are no instructions on the info card or on the packaging itself on where you can spray it - can I use in on my skin? I will never know.

// Coconut Revolution Body Scrub
I am completely obsessed with body scrubs at the moment because my skin is super dry. This scrub smells absolutely AMAZING, lucky I like coconut! Definitely excited to try this out, particularly as it is a brand I've never heard of. Again, this is a good sized sample as well.

// Burt's Bees Radiance Facial Cleanser
So much skincare this month! Whilst I already have two holy grail cleansers that I'm not rushing to turn away from, I really enjoy the Burt's Bees skincare line and will definitely try it out. It seems to be a cream cleanser too, which I prefer. Another good sample size, which is important for skincare if you want a proper gauge of how a product works with your skin.

// Australis Lip and Cheek Combo Creme in Dusk til Dawn
This product definitely added value to this months box being the only full size inclusion this month. I love creme blushes and Australis as a brand as well, so was really excited to see this in my box. While the colours are both really pretty as well as being quite pigmented the texture of these is off. The orange one in particular is really sticky and not smooth and all. As a result these are super hard to blend, especially since its hard to pick up a small amount of colour. The formula actually does work nicely on both the cheeks and lips though so I just feel kind of 'meh' about this product. I have much better creme blushes in my collection so won't reach for this much.
The bonus product this month was a sachet of Palmer's Cocoa Butter. This bores me immensely so I won't bother writing any more about it. I much preferred receiving a sachet of a face mask!

Overall, I am content with this months box and definitely prefer it over last months because I will get use out of everything and there was no double ups from previous boxes. I've seen a lot of negative comments about Bellabox recently, particularly from bloggers and on instagram, however, I am still happy with the service and will definitely continue my subscription. I think the only reason I would stop subscribing if I wasn't using the samples, however, I have definitely used everything (or someone else has) I've received. Also while I've seen other people's boxes that contain products that I would have loved to have seen in my box, I try not to let that impact on how I view my own box.

I give the August Bellabox 4/5.

Thinking of signing up to Bellabox? Check out my reviews of previous boxes:



Sign up to Bellabox here.
NB: The BB website is being upgraded so not all the regular features are live, including the Bellabox online shop.

xx Catherine


Follow me!

Instagram @cathsintents
Twitter @cathsintents

No comments:

Post a Comment