Pages

Sunday 10 August 2014

Current Favourites ♡

You may have realised I had a little hiatus from blogging at the end of July. Unfortunately a combination of no internet connection, travelling interstate and then starting uni again straight away meant that blogging was put on the back burner. However, I've finally got back into my regular routine and have some super exciting things coming up!

Just because I haven't been blogging that definitely doesn't mean I haven't been playing around with a whole heap of exciting products including some new releases! Today's post will be all about the products I've been absolutely loving at the moment and been reaching for everyday.



//theBalm Cindy-Lou Manizer
The newly released highlighter from theBalm looked so amazing I absolutely had to add it too my collection. Compared to the other 'Manizer' highlighters in theBalm's range, Cindy-Lou is a beautiful pink toned shimmer powder that I have been using as a blush! The shimmer is quite subtle in this product and it leaves such a pretty flush of pink on the cheeks I haven't picked up another blush in the past three weeks! The staying power is fairly average but the finish is just so gorgeous I 100% recommend this product to anyone who loves a shimmery cheek look.

//MAC Coral Bliss Creamsheen Lipstick
One of my most recent additions to my MAC lipstick collection and one of my new go-to every day lipstick shade. I initially bought this to go with a dress I'm wearing to a ball, but my love for coral lipsticks means that I just can't help myself wearing it everyday! What I love about this formula is that it almost melts onto the lips after you apply it, leaving your lips looking beautiful and creamy and plump! 

//Maybelline Colour Tattoos
I've loved the Colour Tattoos from Maybelline for a while and have recently added two new colours to my collection which I have been reaching for everyday. Firstly, I ordered Pomegranate Punk off ebay because as a limited edition shade it isn't available in stores anymore. I also picked up Tough as Taupe in the recent Target sale. I reach for these eyeshadows a lot because they are so easy to apply and last all day. I love the Pomegranate shade and so glad I ended up spending a little bit more money to get it because it is so gorgeous and looks really great with purple eyeshadow over the top. I also have been reaching for Tough as Taupe quite a bit as it is the only matte colour tattoo in my collection and is really great for a simple everyday eye look. I could rave on and on about the Maybelline Colour Tattoos but basically they are one of the best value eyeshadows on the market so check them out!

//Face of Australia Translucent Loose Powder
I had put off buying this for so long because I have so many powders, but I'm so glad I finally did. Firstly, I prefer using loose powders over pressed as I feel they give a much more natural look when setting your foundation. This powder is really finely milled and blends beautifully. I definitely prefer using this powder over my Rimmel Stay Matte which I feel is a little bit cakey on me. One thing I have noticed is that I purchased mine from KMart and the packaging has a shiny lid compared to the matte lid packaging at Priceline and Big W. The powder available from KMart also has 10g less product, so I would recommend trying to pick it up at Priceline or Big W (if you can find it in stock!). 

//Kate Somerville IllumiKate CC Cream
If you've been reading my blog over the last couple of months you may have realised I've been struggling with dry skin. As a result some of my regular everyday foundations that are great for controlling oil have been making my skin look dry and flaky. So I pulled out my Kate Somerville CC cream and have switched it back into my everyday routine. The finish of this is so gorgeous and gives that natural glow. As a CC cream it is also quite moisturising and feels great on my skin. I can't believe I ever put it away to be honest, the finish is absolutely flawless! I definitely recommend this one if you like high end bases.

//Clinique Redness Solutions Foundation
And when I feel like a little extra coverage I have rediscovered my Clinique Redness Solutions Foundation. I gravitated back towards this foundation because it is the best match for my alabaster winter skin. I've always had trouble blending this foundation, but I've found with a sponge you can really get a lovely finish. As a redness solution, this foundation is fantastic for those who do suffer from redness and are looking for a little extra coverage.

//Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer
I have had this sitting in my drawer for so long and haven't had much luck using it. I was pretty disappointed because its a fairly pricey concealer. However, I came across this post by the lovely Angie and decided I better pull out this concealer again and have a bit of a play with it. After completely changing the way I use this product it has become one of my favourite products to even out my skin tone and provide long lasting coverage for blemishes. Using a small synthetic blending brush I prefer to apply this concealer over a larger area and buff it in rather than simply dabbing it on top of imperfections. I also find because the product is so thick, using your finger to warm it up makes such a difference. I've been using this daily under my foundation or even on its own with just a little bit of powder to set!

I hope you enjoyed this more chatty kind of post and don't forget to check for new blog posts on Monday, Wednesday and Friday :)

xx Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment