Pages

Monday 18 August 2014

Brand Focus: BOE Beauty


I love shopping at Big W. It might sound super daggy but my mum and I always check out Big W when we do the groceries on the weekend as they always have great deals on fashion, beauty and other exciting things like stationary and storage! In our most recent trip I picked up some more products from BOE Beauty which is a makeup range exclusive to Big W in Australia. The best thing about the BOE Beauty range is that all their makeup products are $2! Yes $2. So I thought I would show you what I picked up as well as some of the other products I already have and share my thoughts with you.

//Matte Lip Cream in #34 Pillarbox

This is an absolutely beautiful bright red matte lip product that is absolutely incredible for the price. It doesn't dry down to a completely matte finish like the Australis Velourlips or Rouge Edition Velvets from Bourjois but definitely sits on the lips really nicely. My only issue with this product is that the doe foot applicator doesn't seem to pick up much product, but for $2 this seriously packs a punch! A great option for a red lip as it is bold and long lasting.
//Lipstick in #13 Natural Tea Rose

I had been on the search for this shade for a while after I read Lucy Sparkle's post on her top 5 lip colours for winter. I was blown away with this product not only because of the gorgeous colour but I was shocked at how creamy it was, for $2!? I expected it to tug on the lips a bit, however, it glided on so smoothly and felt absolutely gorgeous on the lips. It has quite a glossy finish, similar to the cremesheen formulas by MAC as well as being really pigmented. Overall I am simply stunned and will no doubt be picking up more colours.
//Liquid Eye Liner in Metallic Purple

I love playing around with fun colours so this liner stood out to me because I love purple! However, my feelings about this product are fairly 'meh'. It is quite patchy, not as bright and pigmented as I imagined and the applicator is a bit of a pain to use. I do think the packaging is quite sleek though and for $2 I'm happy to have this colour to play around with.
L-R: Pillarbox, Natural Tea Rose, Metallic Purple
//Eyeshadow Duo in Uptown Girl

Just like the lip products from BOE Beauty this eyeshadow duo impressed me a lot. It is a little bit chalky in consistency but still performs excellently as an eyeshadow as it blends really well. I really love both shades and they go together brilliantly. The shadows aren't the most pigmented I've tried but they do have a beautiful, subtle shimmer about them that looks gorgeous on the eyes. With an eye primer underneath, they will last all day.

//Blush Powder in #2 Rosy

As a powder, this is quite chalky but still performs well as a blush. It blends well and leaves a lovely flush of colour on the cheeks. The shade is quite a natural rose shade as the name suggests and there is a bit of shimmer but nothing too crazy on the cheeks which is quite nice. However, the colour isn't overly pigmented and generally I'm not too fussed on this blush as for me the shade is just average. I would recommend this blush if you were looking for a really natural everyday blush.

BOE Beauty's range also includes face powders, bronzers, a highlighter, pencil eyeliners, mascaras, heaps of different lip products and nail polish. I think these products are incredible quality for the price and I would recommend them 100%.

L-R: Rosy, Shade #1and #2 Uptown Girl
xx Catherine

*This post was not sponsored. All products were purchased by me, with my own money. Honesty as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment