Pages

Monday 1 September 2014

Products to Pass Up - Revlon ColorStay Gel Envy Polish



I am definitely one to fall for the hype of new exciting products, particularly products that claim to do things better. One of the recent products I picked up for this reason - as well as the fact that they were on sale at Priceline - was the Revlon ColorStay Gel Envy nail polishes. I picked up the shade #440 Wild Card as well as the Diamond Top Coat which is meant to create the gel like effect without a lamp.

I was initially impressed with these as the application was fantastic. The applicator has two little brushes so you get a nice even coverage with one swipe. As well as this, the opaqueness of this shade meant that you only needed one coat. Once I applied the top coat my nails dried really fast and the whole process probably took less than 15 minutes. My nails looked shiny and the colour was great, however, by the end of the day I had already experienced chipping.

I was patient letting the polish dry and definitely wasn't doing any strenuous activity that would lead to chipping. Two days after application I had chipping at the top of nearly all my nails and two had completely peeled off. For me, the marketing of nail polishes as being similar to gel leads me to believe they will be long lasting and that's why I was really disappointed.

The price of these is really expensive as well, retailing for $16.95 EACH which is ridiculous. I was lucky to pick up mine 2 for $20 but to pay $10 for a polish and not get results is also disappointing. Other polishes at a much lower price point including the Rimmel London Salon Pro range last much longer even without a top coat and retail for $8.95, nearly half the price.

I know Sally Hansen has come out with a similar product that claims up to 14 days wear, so I'll be interested to try those out and see how they compare.

Overall, unfortunately I can't recommend the Revlon ColorStay Gel Envy Polishes. If you were to buy one polish and the top coat, you would be paying as much as it costs to get a gel manicure at a salon, revealing that it is just not worth the price.

All Revlon products are currently 40% off at Priceline.

What are some new releases that disappointed you?
xx Catherine

Follow me!

Instagram @cathsintents
Twitter @cathsintents

No comments:

Post a Comment