Pages

Friday 26 September 2014

*NEW* Australis Velour Lips


I've been following new beauty releases for about a year now and I remember one of the very first products I got super excited about was the Australis Velour Lips. For a drugstore brand, Australis did an awesome job at pushing these out into the market just as the liquid matte lipstick trend was skyrocketing and when they were first released it was almost impossible to find any in stock. In the last month Australis has released another five shades to Velour Lips range, this time the shades are more muted and wearable but still just as pigmented and long lasting. I own 4 out of the 10 shades available, 2 from the original collection and 2 from the new release shades.

L-R: PAR-EE, TOK-I-O, LUN-DUN, MI-A-MEE
While the formula itself does dry down VERY matte and tend to be super drying on the lips, I find applying a layer of lip balm first makes a huge difference to how comfortable these feel on the lips and doesn't jeopardise the pigmentation or wear. However, I do find because they do dry so matte, applying more than two layers can make the product go clumpy and ball up. This isn't much of a problem with most shades as they are very pigmented, however, I did have problems with TOK-I-O, which was the least pigmented and most patchy of the bunch. This shade in particular didn't last as long especially when eating or drinking which was not a problem with the other shades.

PAR-EE 
TOK-I-O
LUN-DUN
MI-A-MEE

For only $9.95 I definitely recommend the Australis Velour Lips - they are amazing value for money. I have been trying these out over the last week and have gotten compliments every time I've worn them!

Wearing MI-A-MEE
Australis is available from Priceline, KMart and Big W. The Velour Lips range is $9.95.

Follow me!

Instagram @cathsintents
Twitter @cathsintents

No comments:

Post a Comment