Pages

Sunday 22 June 2014

Weekly Beauty Edit #6

Tuesday is my last exam and then I have over a month off uni! I'm so excited to produce some really great content for you guys as well as reading some books (for fun!), taking lots of long baths and having a chance to go out.



1// Essence Ultra Strong Nail Hardener

I have been applying this to my nails as a base coat before painting my nails or even just as a clear base for about 2-3 weeks and have noticed such an improvement in the health of my nails. I like to grow my nails naturally but they are really weak and always peel off. Using this has strengthened my nails so much and allowed them to grow and reach a length I'm happy with much faster than usual because they don't keep on breaking!

2// Rimmel London Salon Pro nail polish in 'Oh, Mr Darcy!'

And to adorn my lovely strong and long nails I have absolutely fallen in love with the Rimmel Salon Pro range. My favourite shade is 'Oh, Mr Darcy!' a gorgeous grey, taupe shade with lilac undertones. What has impressed me most is the amazing formula. Usually I wait until after I have finished work for the week to apply my manicure because it will inevitably get chipped. I wore this polish for five days and two long shifts at work with absolutely no chipping! This was even when I hastily applied it before rushing out to an event. I have never come across a polish or top coat even that lasts so well on my nails. I can't wait to get more colours!

3// EmerginC Scientific Organics Lip Balm*

Oh goodness! My winter worn lips were begging for something to save them and I am so lucky to have been gifted this one because it is incredible. It has a much thinner consistency than a balm, something in between a serum and an oil than it so intensely hydrating on the lips and has a beautiful citrus smell and taste. What is most amazing is that in just over a week of use I have noticed a dramatic difference in the cracks and fine lines on my lips that I am so excited to wear all my matte lipsticks. If your lips need some serious TLC check this out!

4// E.l.f eyelid primer

I picked this up at KMart on a whim and can't believe how great it is! I did a simple eyeshadow look for uni with this underneath and not only did it allow my shadows to apply smoothly but it kept my shadow intact for over 12 hours. Yes, 12 hours. The pigmentation was the same, it hadn't smudged but the colours had blended into each other - but it was still on my eyelids. Seriously impressed with this product and I'll be testing it with some of my other shadows.

5// Beauty Chats with ViviannaDoesMakeup and Lily Pebbles

I'm a little bit obsessed with the UK beauty gurus. They are all so lovely and friendly I feel like I want to fly over to London and be best friends with them all. Two of my faves Anna and Lily from the channels linked above do a beauty chat every month and answer 5 questions. In this episode they picked their favourite pink, nude and red lipsticks from MAC!

If you haven't already check out my review of the Garnier BB Cream for oily skin.

And don't forget to add me on instagram: @cathsintents 


To a beauty filled week and good luck to all those finishing off their uni exams :)
xx Catherine

* This product was provided for my consideration. All opinions are honest and my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment