Pages

Monday 30 June 2014

June Bellabox 'Iconic Beauty'



Last week I received my first ever Bellabox which was my first experience of a beauty subscription box. I decided to try Bellabox after seeing some really positive reviews for the boxes for April and May and thought for only $15 a month I couldn't lose much to try it. Also how cute is the box itself?! I can see myself collecting these.

The products I received in my box included:

  • L'Oreal Base Magique Primer - I was so excited to see this included in my box as I've been wanting to try it for a while. The sample size is decent, particularly as a primer and I'll be able to get good use out of this. The sample is worth just under $10 so fantastic value.
  • Indio Eye Rise - This is the one product in the box that I just couldn't wait to try after reading about it. It is an eye cream that has a tint to it and I've found it works so well as a colour corrector underneath concealer. This is a 'luxe' item and the sample itself is worth $22.40 which is more than the box itself!
  • StreetStar Ultra shine lip gloss - This is a nice addition to my makeup collection and the colour is perfect for winter. It was a beautiful pearl finish, lasts well on the lips and is not at all sticky. The only thing is the packaging is super daggy but at least the product is good! As a full size product it is worth $17.95.
  • Herbal Essences Naked Shine Shampoo and Conditioner - these are super cute little travel size hair products and thank god they didn't come in sachets! There is a decent amount of product and I have short hair so these will last me about a week. After first use my hair felt so soft and cleaner than I've ever felt it. I will definitely consider buying the full size.
  • Chapstick Moisturiser Green Apple - I'm not too fussed about this, because Chapsticks are a product that everyone knows about and has probably used so I don't think they need to be included in a box where you are meant to try new products. I will definitely get use out of it though, especially in winter where I go through one lip balm a week! Another full size product valued at $3.99.
  • Nutrimetics Nutri-Rich Nourishing Mask - this is a bonus inclusion in this months box. I am excited to try this mask and even though it is in a sachet since it is a one use item I can deal with it!

Overall I was very impressed with the box itself as well as the subscription service. I was excited to see a makeup product included and all the products are ones that I am excited to try and will get use out of and in that sense I think the box was fantastic value. I also liked the inclusion of Instyle Magazine ($9.95) as a bonus with this box. I love fashion magazines but they are just something that I never buy for myself. I liked the inclusion of the card that explained all the products.

In terms of the service I found the website really easy to navigate, set up my profile and I was also sent regular emails to let me know that my box was being shipped. Also after receiving your box you can provide feedback on each item you got to try. Providing feedback earns you points that you can spend in the Bellabox online store.

I definitely recommend Bellabox if you haven't tried a beauty subscription before and not sure what to expect. I think $15 a month is quite affordable considering the value of the items included and the overall experience. I will absolutely be continuing my subscription.

I give June Bellabox 5/5.

Are you subscribed to Bellabox? What has been your experience?
xx Catherine

* This product was purchased by me with my own money. All opinions are honest and my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment