Pages

Friday 6 June 2014

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick: review and swatches


Rimmel have recently re-released their Moisture Renew lipstick range and when I they went on sale at Target I grabbed a few of the shades I had my eyes on! 

These lipsticks mainly interested me because I've been gravitating towards matte lipsticks a lot lately and wanted to try some bright lipsticks with a more glossy formula. The Rimmel website says these contain SPF 20 as well as Vitamins A, C and E for well cared for lips - impressive!

They feel absolutely gorgeous on the lips and practically melt on when applied. The pigmentation is amazing and with only one coat gives an intense colour that can be built up even more! The finish they give is beautiful and glossy, making the lips look plump and full. However, because they are a moisturising formula the staying power isn't overly impressive. They do last a few hours but if you're eating or drinking they will come off the lips.

As well as this, the packaging is really sleek, particularly for the price.

As You Want Victoria

A beautiful vibrant, blue based fuchsia!  

Sloane's Plum

A brown based plum shade. I had trouble with this one looking patchy so I prefer applying thinner layers using a lip brush.

In Love With Ginger

I absolutely love orange shades and this is a fantastic addition to my collection!

The Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks retail for $13.95 but Rimmel is often on sale at Priceline at Target so there's a good chance you can get these at a better price. I definitely recommend these for the price, the pigmentation and fantastic colour range.

xx Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment