Pages

Saturday 28 June 2014

The Lip Product Addict Tag



1// Favourite Balm/Treatment?

My favourite balm would definitely be the Maybelline Baby Lips. I prefer them to a Chapstick because I feel they are actually quite moisturising rather than just coating the lips. The 'Pink Glow' one is my favourite. As for treatment, I have to mention Lucas' PaPaw ointment. Especially when I'm sick and suffering from really dry skin around the mouth a good slathering of this is such a life saver. Such a classic all rounder product that I also use a lot for cuts and burns.

2// Best eye-catching red?

I love an orange based red and MAC Lady Danger takes the cake. Amazingly pigmented, super-long lasting (seriously, its not going anywhere through eating and drinking) and a perfect velvety matte finish. It was love at first application.

3// Best high-end and best drugstore?

Most of my lipstick collection is from the drugstore but I do own a YSL Rouge Volupte in no.1 and it is pure luxury. From the gold packaging to the way it glides on the lips like nothing else I've ever felt, the Rouge Volupte is what I imagine high-end lipsticks are all about.

For drugstore I love all the ranges from the Maybelline Colour Sensational Line including the vivids, mattes and nudes. I have never been disappointed with these and 'Vibrant Mandarin' is one of my favourite lipsticks ever! The formulation is fantastic - amazing pigmentation, long-lasting and they smell great too. Not to mention I really love the packaging and the shade range is incredible for the drugstore.

4// Best MAC Lipstick?

Apart from Lady Danger which I mentioned above I would have to say that Plumful is one favourite MAC lipstick out of my little collection. It is the perfect medium between a purple and a pink, looks gorgeous on my lips and I love the lustre finish.

5// The most disappointing?

The most disappointing products have definitely been the lipsticks I've bought from NYX. Firstly, their matte lipstick in Hippie Chic is the most unflattering shade and applies so unevenly there's nothing I can do to salvage this one. It was disappointing because when I swatched it I was really excited but unfortunately I am never going to use this one. Secondly are the round lipsticks and I have the shades 'Narcissus' and 'Rose'. Again the formula of these are so terrible and apply really unevenly. I've found with a lot of the NYX lipsticks they feel as if they are just sitting on top of the lips which makes them really uncomfortable to wear. 'Rose' looks slightly better on the lips because it is a darker shade but overall I was disappointed with these products because NYX has some really great stuff.

6// Liner - yes or no?

I have tried liner in the past but I usually prefer to go without. Even with bold colours, I'd prefer to take extra caution with my application or use a lip brush than use a liner. I just don't feel my liner skills are up to scratch and I also don't like how they tend to dry out the lips a bit more.

7// Best gloss?

This may come as a surprise as I've just slammed NYX above but their Butter glosses are hands down the most beautiful lip glosses I've ever tried. Before really getting into makeup and finding out about this product, I had no idea how amazing a lip gloss could be. The colour range is amazing, they are super pigmented, non-sticky, last ages and smell amazing. Ticks all the boxes. As a close runner up I have to mention the XXXL Shine glosses from Essence. They retail for something like $3 and are very comparable to the NYX glosses.

8// Something extra?

I thought I would include an extra question of oldest and newest lip product in your collection!

So the newest lip products in my collection are the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets and I picked up three shades when they were on sale for $10 at Priceline. OMG I love these already and I can tell I am going to reach for them a lot.

The oldest lip product in my collection is this Napoleon Luminous Lip Veil in Sand which I've had since around 2007. I used to never wear lipstick because I hated it and was scared of what people would think so this was the only thing lip product (if any) I would wear when I did my makeup. I don't use it much any more because it smells really funky but I can't bear to get rid of it!

I hope you all enjoyed this tag! I tag everyone reading this to do this tag including the extra question I threw in at the end. Also let me know in the comments your latest lip product purchase and oldest in your stash :)

xx Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment