Pages

Monday 2 June 2014

Review: L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint Foundation

A relatively new release from L'Oreal and initially had thought I wouldn't pick it up because the shade range didn't seem to include any pale shades that would suit me. However, I received a sample for this foundation with my Priceline payback voucher and after one wear I had to get my hands on it!



The foundation has a light to medium coverage which is really impressive considering the formula is very thin, almost water like. I like to use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush to buff this into my skin. Because of the thin consistency it blends in beautifully. The shade is a little too dark for me, however, because it does blend in so nicely it is quite forgiving in terms of colour match. I have the lightest shade available on the Australian market, 120 Pure Ivory.

I absolutely love the powder finish which looks so velvety and does wonders for my skin! It reminds me of the finish of mineral powder foundation in the way that it melts into the skin and looks better as the day goes on. This foundation also lasts a usual long day of uni which is fantastic considering I don't need to powder over it. It's one of my favourites to wear on a long day because it looks the most natural after a long day of wear.

Without foundation
One layer of Eau de Teint Foundation
The big flaw with this product is definitely the packaging. I think that the small glass packaging definitely does look really luxurious but it is incredibly inconvenient. Particularly because the foundation itself is so watery, trying to dispense product out of the bottle by pouring it out is not easy. I can definitely see a lot of product being wasted (and a huge mess!) if you aren't super careful when pouring out the product. A pump is definitely need and something L'Oreal should consider. I'm also confused as to why there is only 20mL of product as opposed to the usual 30mL. This annoys me a bit considering it retails for $24.95 in Australia.

I love the finish and staying power of this foundation, however, because of the inconvenient packaging I don't see myself reaching for it as often as I would like.

xx Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment