Pages

Wednesday 4 June 2014

New Releases: Essence

Essence has released a few new products into their permanent line. Essence is definitely one of my favourite affordable brands and here are a few of their new releases that I have picked up!

XXXL Longlasting Lipgloss in 'Baby Doll's Favourite'
RRP $4.10
  • This lipgloss is so gorgeous! As you know I love the XXXL Shine glosses from Essence and the Longlasting version is just as impressive. they shade is a gorgeous pinky nude with a subtle shimmer that makes you're lips look so plump! This lipgloss reminds me a lot of the NYX butter glosses - it is long-lasting, non-sticky, super pigmented and really comfortable to wear on the lips.

XXXL Longlasting Lipgloss Matte Effect in 'Velvet Rose'
RRP $4.10
  • Unfortunately the matte formulation of the longlasting lip glosses is very disappointing. With the matte lip trend huge this year, I was excited to see an affordable option from Essence. What is confusing is that they decided to release them as a gloss, when clearly a gloss isn't matte. While the shade is a beautiful soft nude it is so uncomfortable to wear on the lips I don't think I will ever reach for this. It applies patchy and the product collects at the outside of the lips which is definitely not a good look. Whilst the product does give a more matte finish is doesn't seem to dry down and you are left with a weird coat of moisture sitting on top of your lips. Definitely a miss.

All About Nude Eyeshadow Palette 
RRP $6.45
  • Again, Essence has hopped on the trend bandwagon and released a nude eyeshadow palette which has been absolutely huge this year. I was excited for this one because the shades were a really interesting twist on the classic nudes. The inclusion of a really beautiful purple/taupe shade and metallic gold in particular caught my attention. I used the purple shade in a smokey eye I did recently and I absolutely loved it! The pigmentation is impressive, they are soft, easy to apply and blend out and with a primer underneath (I use the elf eyelid primer) they have excellent staying power. If your makeup collection is already overflowing with nude palettes I wouldn't say it is a must have, but still an incredible product from Essence, particularly considering the price.

Blush Up! Powder Blush in 'Heat Wave' 
RRP $6.45
  • This is the one product which I initially had no intention of buying because whilst the colours are stunning I just couldn't see myself wearing something so bright on my cheeks! However, I couldn't resist the ombre effect and was interesting to see how pigmented the product was and how the colours would look applied when swirled together. On the cheeks this blush leaves a really beautiful flush of coral that that be built up to a more intense colour.

Overall I have always been impressed with the majority of products available from Essence and these new releases are no exception. The affordability of all products available from this brand means that it is a great way to try new colours or products.
Essence is available at Priceline and Target.

xx Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment