Pages

Wednesday 1 January 2014

Day 1 - Welcome to 2014! New Year, New You

I'm not really one for new years resolutions because I know if I want to achieve something I'm very determined at will work hard at it if it is important to me. Just recently starting up this blog in the last month of 2013 I'm really keen to put a lot of effort into writing quality posts and sharing with you my adventures in exploring makeup (and hopefully watch this blog grow). To start off 2014 I will be posting everyday for the first week of January along the theme of 'New Year, New You' sharing some of my beauty goals for the year.

To start off - skills: the beauty things I really want to get better at this year

  1. Contouring - I have only just started using bronzer and it really scares me to be honest, I really want to be able to apply bronzer to create a really natural look along with perfect blush and highlighter.
  2. Foundation - I definitely need to play around a lot more with foundation application to achieve that flawless skin finish, I think this has a lot to do with the brushes I use so trying different brushes for foundation is a goal for this year.
  3. Cleaner eyeshadow - I've always loved eyeshadow and have been experimenting with all sorts of looks for a few years now. Although I feel pretty confident mixing colours and creating a 'look' I really want to perfect my skills to create a really clean look as my eye makeup tends to look a bit messy if I don't spend a lot of time on it.
  4. Applying false eyelashes - let's just say my ability to apply falsies is nonexistant 
For Christmas, Maddy bought me a voucher for a 3 hour makeup class which I'm really excited about and hopefully I'll learn lots of things!


Cat ^.^





No comments:

Post a Comment