Pages

Tuesday 31 December 2013

A year in review: 2013 favourites

Wow what a year! Despite it's ups and downs 2013 has been really exciting - never in my life have I tried so many new things, ventured so far out of my comfort zone and in the process discovered some real passions of mine. One of them is makeup and beauty. In this post I'll countdown my top five makeup & skin care products (if I gave myself anymore this post would probably end up being essay length!) as well as my top five fashion loves of 2013. Enjoy and best wishes for the new year!

Makeup & Skincare:
  1. Lancome Hypnose Mascara - I reached for this mascara probably 9 times out of 10 when doing my makeup this year. A hands down favourite, I love the formulation which is slightly wet and makes it really easy to apply and build up. What I love most is the brush which has nice soft fibres and nothing lengthens my lashes as well as this mascara.
  2. Australis Go Long Long wear lipstick in 'Preppy' - I mostly purchased this lipstick because of the name but it has been my go to nude lipstick for most of the year. This lasts so long and is beautiful with a little bit of gloss on top. 
  3. Young Blood Crushed Mineral Blush in 'Sherbet' - I've had this blush for longer than I can remember but it is just such a gorgeous pinky/coral colour I reach for this blush on an almost daily basis for a really nice flush to the cheeks. You can also build this up nicely for a more intense look if you were going out and it has just the right amount of sparkle.
  4. The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom Fragrance Mist - I got this as a gift from and I just love it so much, its a beautiful light, fresh scent and I've worn it almost every day since getting it.
  5. Garnier Body Intensive 7 days Repairing lotion - I'm obsessed with moisturiser and would probably moisturise up to five times a day including face, body, hands etc. I just have to have smooth skin! This moisturiser is so light and absorbs super fast so its just perfect for me. Definitely a skincare favourite as I use it every day.


Fashion & Accessories

  1. Handbag from Colette - This bag was with me through thick and thin this year. I literally used it everyday for uni, work, shopping and everything else in between. It was the perfect size, had sturdy straps and was able to handle the weight of my laptop, all my textbooks and everything else I shoved in there. I don't think I could have gone through my first year of uni without this bag ahh I have feelings for this bag I never thought I could have towards inanimate objects! 
  2. Earrings from Lovisa - Its hard to choose a favourite because I went through a stage of buying something from Lovisa once a week. They have so many cute packs of little studs which are perfect for mixing up everyday when I go to uni. This is the first purchase I made from Lovisa when the store opened in the shopping centre where I work and I just love all these earring so much and have reached for them so much as well, there is a pair for pretty much every occasion and although some of my later purchases I really like as well I just think these were my staple for the year so I chose this set!
  3. Lounge pants from Cotton On Body - I'm so obsessed with theses pants and they are so cheap I'm really surprised I don't have more pairs of these! Literally the most comfortable pants I have ever worn and they are so slimming and make my legs look so long and also they have so many cool colours and designs. 
  4. Sandals from Saltwater - Since receiving these in the mail after ordering them off Modcloth I have barely taken them off! They are the cutest shoes ever and so comfy and I haven't got much more to say about them apart from if you need a pair of really comfy sandals for summer get your hands on these ones from Saltwater!
  5. Dress from Dotti - one of my last purchases of the year before I began my spending ban, I bought this dress to wear for my birthday celebrations. I think this dress is everything I was looking for in a dress all year. I just love it so much and have received so many compliments while wearing it I had to include it in my favourites. When buying clothes I usually go for quantity not quality and stock up on certain trends just to mix it up at uni every day but this purchase so definitely a special one and such a beautiful dress so its in my favourites.










Happy New Year everyone! I wish you all the best for 2014 and look forward to your support in the new year.

<3 Cat 



No comments:

Post a Comment