Pages

Friday 13 December 2013

Pink for the Faint Hearted



I always envy girls who have the confidence to pull off bright pink lips and lust over gorgeous pink shades of lipsticks, blushes and eye shadows whilst thinking that I just couldn’t pull it off! With my hazel, greeny eyes I’d always stuck more with purple shades but with as we start to get into summer I decided to be bolder in my makeup choices. I’m definitely not one to ever have worn bright pink (or even pink at all!), especially since I’m super pale. However,  was inspired by the beautiful shade 'Peaches and Cream" of the NYX butter glosses and wanted to create a pink look that put me out of my comfort zone. I think this would be perfect for a daytime summer party, or if you are going out at night, instead of contouring your eyes with browns, at a bit of sparkle with silver or smoke it out with some grey or black shadow.

For the Face:

I used Clinique 'Redness Solutions' foundation in 01 Calming Alabaster - applied with a paddle foundation brush this gives AMAZING coverage, especially if you have trouble with redness like I do, particularly around the cheeks and chin. However, I prefer a matte look and the Redness Solutions makeup is more to the satin/dewy finish which just doesn't work with my oily skin. I always apply a power whether its a translucent finishing powder, or for a little extra coverage Australis' 'Fresh & Flawless' pressed powder in Natural. For blush I used the shade on the far left in my NYX 'Butt Naked' palette which is a beautiful peachy/pink with little gold specks, similar to NARS 'Orgasm' blush. I also used the bronzer on the far left and the more golden highlighter on the far right (all shades in palette pictured below.)
For the Eyes:

For a pop of pink colour of the eyes I used a shade from my Australis Paparazzi Perfect Eyeshadow in 'Frock n Roll' but to really make the colour stand out I recommend using an eyeshadow base in a white or beige colour. I used the NYX jumbo eye pencil in 'Milk'. 


I am absolutely OBSESSED with my eyelashes here - I have never made them look so long and full! I used Lancome's Hypnose mascara first to create length and then from the same range the Hypnose Drama to add volume. The shapes of the brushes in the Hypnose range are all very interesting and different and along with a fantastic formula are great for creating different looks.
For the Lips:

This is a very NYX inspired look from all the new products I have tried recently! Firstly I used the shade 'Tokyo' of their soft matte lip creams which is a beautiful, bright light pink and then to add a glossy texture and even more bright pink the butter gloss in 'Peaches and Cream'. I am absolutely obsessed with the beautiful colour, pigmentation and glossy texture of the butter glosses and can't wait to get my hands on some more. Very excited I can now just pop down to my local Target and pick some up!

Finished Look:


Hope you enjoyed this look!
Cat ^.^


No comments:

Post a Comment