Pages

Thursday 2 January 2014

Day 3 - New Year, New You: makeup wish list & spending ban update

It's officially been one month since I began my spending ban and I'm really excited because I reach my savings goal which is super exciting and during the Christmas period it was really nice to focus on buying gifts for others rather than buying things for myself when I felt sad or just on a whim. I didn't exclude skincare from my ban and I have probably over compensated a bit in the spending of skincare which I hope to cut down on a bit in the second month but since I didn't ban myself I'm not feeling terribly guilty. Not buying any makeup at all has been super hard, especially because I got $200 of gift vouchers for MAC and also some vouchers for Myer and when all the Christmas gifts went on sale I was finding it difficult to control myself. However, I decided to wait until the end of my ban to use my vouchers and I feel good about the decision. The month without spending has also been great to see what I really want to add to my collection and time to find reviews and watch so many videos of tutorials etc. so I have some sort of wish list which I will indulge myself with at the end of my ban period. The great thing about this is I have so many vouchers so I wont need to be dipping into my savings at all to treat myself!

My Wish List
  • Benefit Hoola Bronzer 
  • Benefit Benetint
  • Real Techniques face brushes
  • Stila In the Light palette 
  • YSL Rouge Volute Lipstick in no.1 Nude Beige 
  • From MAC - mostly face products; blushers, highlighters, setting powders/powder foundation as well as a few lipsticks
My goal for 2014 is to create better spending and saving habits. I made a good base for myself in 2013 by saving money for the first time ever and I'm really proud of myself for that. It was a year of experimentation of saving and earning money and balancing that all with studying, wanting to go out and wanting lots of clothes and makeup. So this year its time to refine my skills! I'm aiming to save $1000 more than I did last year which I don't think will be too difficult and regulate my spending so I can have things that I want but not going crazy.

See you for a new goal tomorrow!
<3 Cat ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment