Pages

Thursday 16 January 2014

Lush Skincare: First Impressions

Having never tried any thing from Lush before I was super excited to receive this gift for Christmas. I thought I would do a first impressions of the products in the gift.

Included in the 'Happy Christmas' gift:
  • Orange Soap 100g
  • Olive Branch shower gel 100g
  • Sandy Santa Body Butter 130g
  • Green Fun 100g
  • Celebrate lotion 45g

I first tried the Olive Branch shower gel. The smell is kind of odd to me, not unpleasant at all, just different - but definitely nice and fresh. I prefer to use shower gels over soaps in the shower so I have been using this every day and my initial impressions are that it does leave the skin leaving lovely and clean with a nice scent. What I was most surprised about was that the packaging says this product can be used in your hair and to be honest I was fairly skeptical. I don't do anything to my hair except shampoo and conditioner and I think it was happy to be treated a little nicer because it makes my hair feel so soft but also its really shiny and this lasts for a few days so I was definitely impressed with that!

The Celebrate body lotion is also absolutely divine! The smell is amazing and citrus-y and I was walking around smelling like a fruit salad. The lotion absorbed really well and left my skin feeling so soft and silky - exactly what I needed for my skin after my one week holiday at the beach and in the sun every day. Although I prefer lotions in a bottle you can squeeze or pump out, so that is possibly the only negative of the lush body lotions that come in pots.

Unfortunately, I was quite disappointed with the Orange Soap. Although quite moisturising for a soap, it didn't foam up like normal soaps and I didn't really like that. Mostly my disappointment came from the really strange smell which was quite off putting. Despite Lush products being made from natural ingredients, this definitely smelt the most artificial of any product I've tried and the orange colour came off everywhere making a big mess in the shower. This definitely has put me off from purchasing Lush soaps in the future.

I enjoyed using the Sandy Santa as an exfoliating scrub for my dry feet. It smelt delicious and most importantly both exfoliated and hydrated my cracked feet really well. A fantastic edition to the Christmas themed gift box and definitely makes me want to try some of Lush's other body scrubs.

I was definitely most interested and also scared to try was the Green Fun. It says it can be used as a bubble bar, shampoo and body wash so I really didn't know where to start - basically 'Fun' looks and feels like playdoh so you can see my dilemma. In the shower I finally figured out that when you break off a little piece and rub it between your hands it turns into a sort of soapy texture. I did put in through my hair which worked well as a shampoo I thought but really didn't do much for my skin. Overall I think the best part of this product is the amazing smell but I just don't think the concept is that great.

I also tried the Phoenix Rising Bath Ballistic


After the initial excitement of seeing my bath 'ballistic' explode and fizz into the water turning it a vivid, sparkly magenta I literally felt like I was bathing in butter. The water was so so silky and after I got out of the bath, I don't think I have ever felt my skin so soft - probably because a few of the main ingredients include shea butter, cocoa butter and a variety of natural oils! The smell was very pleasant too which is always a plus - I absolutely love everything cinnamon and was super excited to find little cinnamon sticks floating around in my bath. I will definitely purchase another one of these as I think it would be perfect for extra dry skin in the winter time.

I was so happy to receive this gift for Christmas because it meant I could try out a variety of the Lush products and overall I am very very impressed! Already planning a trip to Lush to restock on some of these products and hopefully find some new favourites.

xx Cat^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment