Pages

Sunday 30 March 2014

Weekly Beauty Edit #3

Hello beautiful people! Unfortunately last week I didn't post my usual weekly beauty edit as I was sick and very uninspired in terms of beauty. I have organised to have regular posts on Monday, Wednesday and Friday as well as a Weekly Beauty Edit or other special post on a Sunday. This doesn't mean that I won't be posting on other days but you can be sure that new posts will be uploaded on those four days. Enjoy all my favourite beauty things from the last week and look out for my upcoming March Monthly Roundup!



1// Celebrity Makeup Tutorials
This BuzzFeed is the best makeup tutorial master list I have ever seen!  Featuring some of my favourite beauty Youtubers like Lisa Eldridge, Shannon Farrell, Tanya Burr and Pixiwoo this will give you so many makeup ideas to try.

2// Revlon Matte Lip Balms
One of the most anticipated new lip products has finally hit the Australian market. I recently picked up four shades at Priceline where they are currently 2 for 1! I definitely recommend them so get down to Priceline and try them for yourself. I have a full review and swatches coming up this week,

3// Benefit Brow Bar
Finally visited the Benefit Brow Bar again for my way overdue eyebrow wax. As always I had an absolutely amazing experience and although their services are quite expensive there is no one else I trust with my precious brows after being burnt numerous times.

4// Chatting with Chloe Morello
Probably the most exciting part of my week was getting to have a good chat with Australian Youtuber Chloe Morello at her recent YSL beauty workshop. While I didn't attend the actual event I was at Myer for the Autumn Racing Fashion Showcase but went past the YSL beauty stand before I left and Chloe was still there and chatting to people. I was so happy to get a chance to talk to her and tell her how much I love her videos and appreciate her efforts to make beauty inclusive for all. She was so sweet as usual and remembered me from when we met at the Benefit Lollitint event! We also chatted about the YSL Rogue Volupte lipstick I bought in No. 1 which she said was one of her favourites. Chloe is definitely such a role model for me and its so fantastic that she does events and gets out from behind the camera. Check out her Youtube channel here.

5// Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
I'm absolutely loving this concealer I picked up from the Priceline 40% sale. It is fantastic under the eyes to conceal dark circles as well as highlight without noticeable creasing. I've been wearing this on an everyday basis and is super creamy and easy to wear. Check out my guide to concealer here.

xx Catherine

2 comments:

  1. How do the revlon lip balms compare to the similarly marketed clinique chubby sticks for you? Mady xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Clinique chubby sticks yet mostly because there are so many similar products out there for a fraction of the price. However, I have read many positive reviews and I do enjoy Clinique products in general so I think its fair to say you can expect a good product. However, the Revlon Matte balms have a matte finish as opposed to a glossy shine finish that the Clinique chubby sticks will give. Revlon do have a glossy balm stain similar to the chubby stick which I have tried and love and they are about half the price.

      Delete