Pages

Sunday 16 March 2014

Weekly Beauty Edit #2



1// Priceline 40% off sale

Let's be honest, Priceline's famous 40% off sale is a very exciting even and I am still very excited about it. Came back tomorrow to see my haul (in a video!).

2// MAC Lorde Collaboration

When I first heard this news I was very very excited. The first time I heard 'Royals' I bought Lorde's entire first EP and I've been obsessed ever since. She is so quirky and fantastic and I love her makeup looks in her music videos and on the red carpet - dark lips and smokey eyes. I will definitely be picking up something from this collection when it's released.
Read all about it here.

3// Bold cheeks

I have recently been loving toning down with my eye looks but going a bit bolder on the cheeks. Benefit's Hoola Bronzer is now an everyday staple for me and it gives me to most beautiful, natural glow. While I've been building up the colour on my cheeks a bit more, I still like to keep with natural colours - pinks and reds look really nice on my pale skin tones. This week I've been loving Tarte Amazonian 12 hour blush in Natural Beauty and NYX Powder Blush in Peach.

4// Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

I received this in the David Jones Beauty sample bag and WOW as soon as I finish this sample I will definitely be purchasing the full size. Its a gel like texture, similar to the Australis primer, but thicker and much more effective. It makes my skin smooth for easy foundation application and makes a significant difference in the wear time of my makeup - exactly what a primer needs to do. After using it for a few weeks - I would definitely recommend.

5// Voluminous hair!

My hair is very underwhelming - its super fine and dead straight which is mostly a blessing because I don't need to do much to it but also its just very boring and hard to style, mostly it just looks flat. However I have recently been using some products from Aveda; the Pure Abundance Volumizing Shampoo as well as the Volumizing Tonic. The shampoo smells delicious and even just using it with my normal conditioner I have noticed a huge difference in my hair after it dries. As I do have layers, rather than them sitting flat it adds a little extra bounce to my hair. I'm also absolutely in love with the volumizing tonic! Spraying it in my hair when its wet gives amazing volume to my hair as well as really nice waves that last all day.

Have an amazing week :)
xx Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment