Pages

Monday 2 February 2015

FOTD// Peachy Keen


My go-to eye look recently has been pretty simple and sticking to mattes. However, I really wanted to play around with a little bit of colour and see what would work to make my eyes 'pop'. So I pulled out my LORAC Mega Pro Palette and inspired by the shades 'Apricot', 'Blush' and 'Merlot' created this fresh face of the day with peach tones throughout.

Starting with the base, I applied the Australis Primer all over the face and went straight to concealing using Benefit's Erase Paste under my eyes and then Maybelline Fit Me Concealer over blemishes and red spots. I'm obsessing over mineral makeup at the moment and the Maybelline Mineral Power Foundation and Finishing Veil have been favourites for a long time. Unfortunately they don't sell the finishing veil in Australia anymore but I highly recommend the foundation! To finish off the face, I added some warmth with Benefit Hoola Bronzer as well as the Shimmer Powder and Blush Stick from the Essence 'Bloom Me Up!' trend edition (which I forgot to photograph -oops!).
#dathighlight


For the eyes, I started by using the Max Factor Excess Shimmer Eyeshadow in '20 Copper'. This shadow has a really strange, mousey texture that I found is easier blended out with your fingers. All the other shadows I used were from the LORAC Mega Pro Palette. Through the crease I used 'Khaki', then starting in the inner corner I used 'Blush', 'Apricot' in the centre of the lid and then 'Mulberry' blended through the outer V. I applied 'Grey' right along the lower lash-line and blended 'Merlot' along the outer third of the eye up to the top lashes. I absolutely loved the look of the shimmery peachy shades with the dark berry shades to deepen the look!

To finish off the eyes, I curled my lashes and applied a few layers of the Elizabeth Mott It's So Big! Mascara. For eyebrows I've gone back to using my Essence Eyebrow Designer in Blonde to create a natural, full brow. To complete the look I chose the new L'Oreal Color Riche Collection Exclusive Lipstick in 'Eva's Nude' for the lips which is such a beautiful peachy nude and I absolutely love the sheer, moisturising formula.
#moustache




























xx Catherine
Follow me!

Instagram @_cat.mac
Twitter @cathsintents

No comments:

Post a Comment