Pages

Monday 23 February 2015

What's In My Makeup Bag? Shop My Stash Edition


Earlier this year I went through my entire makeup collection so I could organise everything and remind myself that I really don't need another foundation or mascara or lipstick...
Not only was I able to organise everything and make things more accessible I came across some long lost favourites that were hidden at the back of the draw and forgotten to new releases. I pulled out a few things and popped them in my everyday makeup bag so I could get some more use out of them and in some cases, try to finish them up!

The best rediscovery for me was definitely the Maybelline Mineral Power Powder Foundation and the Finishing Veil from the same range - you've probably seen these products pop up in a few of my FOTD posts recently. I forgot how much I loved to wear mineral foundation as it leaves such a flawless, velvety finish and it is a much welcomed addition to my everyday routine. It's also since been re-introduced to the Australian market after being discontinued - woo!

I also rediscovered the Kate Sommerville CC Cream which should never have been neglected considering how much I paid for it! This CC cream gives what I like to call "instagram face" i.e. it looks like your face has been smoothed and filtered in real life and I have been using this when I want a bit more of a glowy look. This used to be stocked at Mecca but it is unfortunately no longer on their website.

A few other complexion bits I pulled out and put in my makeup bag were the Benefit Erase Paste concealer and Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer. I love Fit Me and had just been trying out another concealer which is why it got a bit neglected. I am glad I pulled it out because it just last so well whether I'm using it under my eyes or over spots. The shade I have of Erase Paste is a little too dark for me but I have figured out I can use it to correct darkness under my eyes if I use another concealer on top. A bit of extra effort but I'd like to use this up so it doesn't go to waste.

I am pretty good at getting use out of all my blushes but my Youngblood Crushed Mineral Blush in Sherbet has been neglected for a while. This is probably the oldest makeup item in my collection and there's only a little bit left so I'll try and finish it up. It is a gorgeous pinky coral shade with a beautiful fine gold shimmer. Whilst it's a pretty blush my preferences are now a little less subtle and more....clown like.

Finally are a few eye bits which easily get neglected because again my mascara and eyeliner collections are a little out of hand. For mascara I decided to get some use out of Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes which has the little wand for the lower lashes. The Falsies formula is my favourite from Maybelline but I do prefer the original brush better. For liner I picked an old Elizabeth Arden Eye Pencil in 03 Bronze which is nearly finished and for some reason I have 5 bronze eye liners that look exactly the same.

I've also switched up my everyday brow products to get some use out of some old favourites. Pulling out my Essence Eyebrow Designer in Blonde I remembered how frickin' amazing this product is for its $3 price tag. I am also endeavouring to finish up an old Manicare Clear Eyebrow Gel. This stuff is seriously crunchy but does the job so I won't waste it (I am desperately missing my Gimme Brow!!).

Hopefully this posts inspires you to go through your collection and pull out some old favourites!

xx Catherine


Follow me!

Instagram @_cat.mac
Twitter @cathsintents

No comments:

Post a Comment