Pages

Friday 6 February 2015

New In: At the Drugstore



The hardest thing about not having a job at the moment is being tempted by all the new releases to hit Australian shores (first world problems I know, but seriously...hire me). There are heaps of exciting new products popping up at the drugstore so I've complied a list so you don't miss a thing.

Maybelline is definitely my favourite drugstore brand and they have so many new products hitting the shelves. Firstly for the eyes, a twist on everyone's favourite black liquid liner, the new Master Graphic Liquid Liner is for those who love a bold liner look. Maybelline also brought their Pumped Up! Colossal Mascara to the Australian market. Maybelline have an amazing range of mascaras so if you're looking for something new to try, I doubt you could go wrong with this one.

More Maybelline products that have finally reach Aussie shores are the Dream Wonder Foundation. I tried this in store and it is very similar to the L'Oreal Nude Magique foundation. However, I did notice that the Dream Wonder foundation have a larger selection of pale shades which is excellent news for #whitegirls like me. I was also excited to see the Face Studio Master Hi-Light and Face Studio Master Glaze products on shelves too!

Finally from Maybelline are their Colour Drama Lip Colour lip pencils, which look like a thick lip liner and remind me of the Bobbi Brown Art Sticks. They have a nice range of colours and this is definitely a product I'm interested to try as it's quite unique to the drugstore market.

Revlon have added to their Photo Ready range with three new products. Firstly is their Prime and Anti-Shine Balm which claims to even out the skin's texture and minimise pores. Another new addition is their Airbrush Effect Foundation and finally is the Insta-Fix Makeup which comes in a convenient stick form. This range seems to be aimed at providing a long-lasting flawless complexion. A few retailers have a 3 for 2 promotion on this range at the moment which would be great to take advantage of if you are interested in trying these products.

One of the most exciting new releases that I have been waiting for to hit Aussie stores is the L'Oreal Colour Riche Exclusive Nude collection. There are a range of nude nail polishes and matching lipsticks inspired by some of Hollywood's biggest stars. I've already got my hands on some of the lipstick shades and I absolutely love them! The formula is quite sheer, but very moisturising and comfortable on the lips. I definitely recommend wearing a lip liner underneath to get more depth of colour.

From Rimmel is a new mascara release and the first mascara to be created by Kate Moss! The Kate Idol Eyes Mascara has a thick, curved wand that claims to add heaps of volume. Kate's line of lipsticks and nail colours are some of Rimmel's best products so if you're a fan of Rimmel mascaras I would definitely check this one out!

Finally from the drugstore are some new releases from Sally Hansen, one of my favourite brands for all things nail care and pretty colours! Firstly are two new 18K Gold products for nail care - the 18K Gold Hardener and the 18K Gold Cuticle eraser. Both products look fantastic for a DIY mani at home and I will definitely be trying these out!

Have you picked up any of these products recently? What's your favourite new release?

xx Catherine

Follow me!

Instagram @_cat.mac
Twitter @cathsintents

No comments:

Post a Comment