Pages

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Empties - What I'm Throwing Out #3

I know you all just love looking at my rubbish! Here are some reviews of products that I'm throwing out because a) they are awesome and I've used them all up OR b) they were really crap and I didn't want them cluttering up my life.

Makeup

All my makeup empties this round are some of my everyday essentials. The Benefit Gimme Brow [$35.00] is the perfect brow gel and definitely one of my must-have products. I've already got another on the go! Similarly, I've finished up my ultimate fave, HG mascara the Lancôme Hypnôse [$52.00]. I would 100% repurchase this until the end of time but I have so many mascaras open at the moment, including a few high end ones so I'll have to wait to pick this one up. Until we meet again! I've also finished up my other fave mascara, Maybelline The Falsies [$19.95]. Thankfully the price tag on this mascara isn't as scary so I've already got another one on the go. Finally, I'm chucking out a Maybelline Fit Me Concealer [$14.95] in '15 Fair'. This is not completely finished but I already have another one on the go and I'm pretty sure I shared this with like three people during revue so I figure I can put this little bottle of bacteria in the bin.



Haircare

I've finished up a few shampoo/conditioner bottles which is an achievement for me because I probably have a total of 10 hairs. Firstly, from the Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime range the Diamond Colour Shampoo and Conditioner [$14.99]. I did really enjoy these products! I get my hair coloured quite regularly and I have to say these absolutely made a difference in maintaining the health and colour in my 10 dried, bleach hairs. I also finished the Aveda Smooth Infusion Conditioner [$39.00]. I was given this by a family member and when I went to put in a link I realised it is $39!? I definitely don't remember it making my hair THAT soft.


Skincare

A HEAP of skincare empties this round! Let's start with my fave, the St Ive's Blemish Control Apricot Scrub [$9.99] is amazing for oil control and exfoliates without feeling like you're using sand paper on your face. I've got my whole family hooked so this will definitely be repurchased. Another staple in my skincare routine, the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water [$11.99] is such an amazing multipurpose product and I've already picked up another bottle. Although I've been converted to micellar water for makeup removal I've still got an empty packet of cleansing wipes which I like to keep handy when doing swatches etc. These Lacura ones from Aldi are super cheap and do the job.The Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Moisturiser [$3.99] is my everyday moisturiser and I've never tried anything that my skin just drinks up! A little travel size is being thrown out. The Rexona Clinical Protection Deodorant [$14.79is one of my favourite new discoveries and since finishing my first bottle I can't imagine being without it. It has been an absolute saviour and I 100% recommend for anyone who finds that regular strength deodorant does practically nothing.

I've also finished up some other random skincare products. I've posted about the Glow Girl Buttery Salt Scrub [$12.95] before and I absolutely loved it! A gorgeous smelling scrub and the best I've found for those really struggling with stubborn dry, flaky skin. The So White Shower Gel from Lush was another body product I really enjoyed. I know this is a Christmas limited edition but the smell was amazing and I'll definitely consider buying it again at Christmas time. I also finished the Olive Branch Shower Gel [$7.95which I also enjoyed but probably won't repurchase. Two little hand creams are also getting tossed. The OPI Avo Juice Ginger Lily Hand Lotion smelt beautiful but didn't really do much for my chronically dry hands. On the other hand I definitely shed a tear when I finished up this little sample pot of Camille Beckman Glycerin Hand Therapy [$21.95]. The most moisturising hand cream I've ever used and the 'Tuscan Honey' scent is mouth watering. I will definitely be purchasing a full size.


What's been culled...

These are the products that I couldn't hold onto any longer because they are so terrible. Firstly, the NYX Butter Lipstick in 'Hubba Bubba'. I have never had a good experience with NYX lipsticks, every single one I've tried I have ended up giving away or throwing out. I didn't even want to give this one away because I don't know anyone who would want to wear such an awful colour. It also goes on really patchy and has officially turned me off from ever trying another lipstick from NYX. Next is the So Susan Flutter Mascara and anyone who got it in their Violet Box mid 2014 will know this is one of the biggest fails of a product ever. Another subscription box fail is the Australis Lip & Cheek Combo which smells funny, lacks pigmentation and is difficult to blend out - definitely one to skip from the Australis stand. Finally, this BYS 'Pot of Gold' Glitter Polish has gone lumpy and impossible to apply, time to go!


...and that's everything that's going into the bin!

xx Catherine

Follow me!

Instagram @_cat.mac
Twitter @cathsintents

No comments:

Post a Comment