Pages

Friday 11 July 2014

Winter Beauty Edit: Winter Fashion

When I have events to go to in winter I always dread figuring out what to wear because I can't possibly bear the thought of wearing a pretty dress and strappy heels when the temperature is probably going to be in the single digits.



I usually opt for pants because I know they will be the warmest. If the event is more casual, I'll wear my high-rise black skinny jeans from Levi's which are super flattering and comfy or if the event calls for something more formal, my pair of black trousers from Sportsgirl are perfect.

If I'm going dancing I like to wear a skirt and I found this fantastic black asymmetrical skirt with leather detail from Target for only $15! And of course paired with some black stockings - or even some patterned ones if I'm feeling adventurous.

To be honest, finding a nice, dressy long sleeve shirt or blouse is not that easy and a lot of them seem to be for a more mature market. I did however find this really nice purple shirt, again from Target that crosses over and drapes across the front giving a relatively low neckline thats a little bit cheeky and perfect to pair with a long necklace. I also love long, button up shirts with peter pan collars and have seen so many lately with some cute designs on them which would be a nice way to dress up a pair of black trousers.

My shoe of choice is always a black, heeled boot - not only super chic, but will dress up jeans and are a comfortable option. And of course, this amazing black coat I purchased from Myer with the leather detail on the sleeves just goes with everything!

As you can see be winter wardrobe is fairly monochrome - I prefer to wear black or dark colours and add a pop of colour with a bright matte lip. I'm absolutely loving pink and orange at the moment.

I hope this inspired some winter outfit ideas and you have enjoyed my winter beauty edit this week!

xx Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment