Pages

Thursday 10 July 2014

Winter Beauty Edit: New Winter Releases

I absolutely love the limited edition collections that are released from both Essence and Face of Australia and was super excited to see the winter releases were absolutely perfect for the season!

Top photos sourced from: triedandtestedblog.wordpress.com, bottom photo sourced from: faceofaustralia.com.au
From the Essence Dark Romance collection I picked up the cream highlighter as well as a velvet mousse blush in True Romance which looks really interesting - I haven't got anything in my collection like it! Whilst all the nail polishes looked absolutely amazing I knew that I wanted to pick up some of the Dark Side Nail polish collection from Face of Australia so I restrained myself! Essence also released their 'Be Loud' collection which will be stocked at Target since Dark Romance is at Priceline. I've been stalking all the Targets in a 15 km radius but haven't been able to find it yet. I will let you know when I see it in store.


The Dark Side collection from Face of Australia is inspired by all our favourite villains from movies and TV which I think is a fantastic idea! All the shades are on the darker side including burgundy, purples as well as some jewel tones and glitter top coats. I picked up 'Wicked Witch of the West' as well as 'Magneto' and will probably go back to get 'Maleficent'. I was really impressed with the formula of the Screen Siren collection so not only is this collection really exciting but wear really well on the nails too. Face of Australia is currently 25% off at Priceline until the 16 July so get in quick to pick up these polishes for less than $4 (i.e. buy them all !).


Apart from these exciting limited edition collections, in the last week or so the Maybelline stand at my local Priceline has had a significant upgrade and there are so many new releases to the Australian market. The product that I picked up as soon as I saw the display in store was the Big Eyes Mascara which came with a bonus Big Eyes Liner. Both products are dual ended so even within one product you are getting a variety of uses.

The mascara in particular is great because one end includes a lower lash brush making it really easy to get those smaller lashes. This is ALWAYS an issue for me and I usually skip this step because I end up with mascara smudged all over my face! I've found the smaller brush to be really effective and I have definitely found it easier to coat my bottom lashes with this product. As part of The Falsies mascara range, I'm fairly sure the formula is the same as other Falsies mascaras which I really like - the brush for the top lashes does take a bit of getting used to but it is great in creating a wide-eyed doll like lash look.


The liner is also pretty good, but to be honest, I wouldn't have picked it up if it didn't come as a bonus with the mascara. I love wearing a cream coloured liner in the water line to brighten my eyes but was hesitant about how stark the white would look. I was pleasantly surprised at how effective this pencil was at brightening the eyes and giving me that 'wide-eyed' look without looking too unnatural. Although the staying power is so-so and not the creamiest pencil I've used.
Finally, if you're a Maybelline fan there are so many other new releases to check out! The Colour Tattoo pigments have hit our shores as well as new look eyeshadow quads, a heap of face products and a really interesting eyebrow mascara. Let me know if you've tried any of these new releases!

Images sourced from: priceline.com.au
I hope you enjoyed this post and have been inspired to check out some of the very exciting new winter releases. Tomorrow is the last day of my winter beauty edit so don't forget to come back to check it out!

xx Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment