Pages

Sunday 6 July 2014

Monthly Roundup: June

I can't believe we are now half way through the year and this little blog has been getting so much positive feedback in the last six months. Thank you to all my wonderful readers it is always so fantastic to hear your thoughts. You might want to make yourself comfortable this will be a long one!

Beauty Favourites



MAC Matchmaster Foundation

I've rediscovered my love for this foundation this month because of its absolutely gorgeous velvety finish which I think is perfect for winter. It is super easy to buff into the skin and I prefer using the Real Techniques expert face brush or my Shiseido foundation brush. It is a perfect match for my skin, lasts ages and just looks absolutely beautiful! I can't say enough about it and if you're looking for a light, medium coverage foundation - check this one out.

QVS Micro fibre Hair Turban

I received this in a discovery bag from Beauty Heaven and have continued to use it ever since. Basically it is a fancy towel that absorbs the moisture from wet hair. You tie it around your hair which is also great to keep wet hair from dripping everywhere after you hop out of the shower. I've found it is such an efficient way to dry your hair particularly if you shower shortly before hopping into bed as the material is highly absorbant.

NARS Larger Than Life Longwear Eyeliner in 'Rue Bonaparte'

This is something I've been using daily for the last couple of months and am finally including it in my favourites. This is such an amazing liner that glides on smoothly, is super creamy and pigmented and does budge all day. I use this on my waterline with basically every makeup look to brighten up my eyes. This is a pricey pencil but probably the most used makeup item in my collection.

MAC Plumful Lipstick

My go-to lipstick this month, I just cannot get enough of Plumful. It is the perfect shade in-between a purple and pink, the lustre finish is beyond gorgeous and makes your lips look full and plump. This has definitely been a staple in my handbag.

Beauty Subscription Boxes

I received my first beauty subscription box this month and have been really enjoying trying the products I got in my June Bellabox. I have also subscribed to Violet Box so I can't wait to receive that in the mail too! Check out my review here.

Non-Beauty Favourites


Loose leaf tea



Recently I've decided to cut down my coffee intake and took a trip into T2 to see what delicious teas I could supplement for my morning hot beverage. My favourite has been the Chai tea from T2 which I love with a little bit of milk and honey. I have always loved loose teas, particularly herbal teas and have really enjoyed trying out these new flavours.

Reality TV

If you know me you'll know I love a good trashy reality TV show. With a month full of exams I needed something to procrastinate take my mind off things! I enjoyed watching When Love Comes to Town on Channel 9 which was definitely a new low for me as well as my usual favourites Keeping Up with the Kardashians and Dance Moms.

Source: realitytvgifs.tumblr.com

Life


June was a bit of a crazy month with the end of semester for uni and everything that comes with it - assignments, exams, stress etc etc. I was so happy to see the end of the semester and finally have a well deserved break. I spent a few different nights celebrating with friends which is always so much fun because I never go out much during the semester.

Another exciting thing to happen in June was that I entered the Girlfriend Model Search. I have always wanted to enter a model search since I became obsessed with America's Next Top Model but since I'm way too short I never did. When I heard about the Girlfriend Model Search I immediately decided to enter because there were no height restrictions. I know I don't have what it takes to model and its definitely not something I will pursue but I've always just wanted to enter for fun. The experience was also something I'm really proud of because I proved how confident I am with myself and that I'm at the stage where I really love and accept myself and can put myself out there. The day was super fun and I got to meet Lauren Curtis and I also received a HUGE goody bag from Rimmel London which was very exciting. Thanks to my amazing girlfriend Maddy for waiting with me all day even though it was super boring and always supporting me in the crazy things I want to do.

So that was June! I hope you all enjoyed my roundup for the month and stayed tuned for an exciting July :)

xx Catherine

Don't forget to follow me on instagram! @cathsintents

No comments:

Post a Comment