Pages

Monday 7 July 2014

Winter Beauty Edit: Skincare

Today is the first day of my Winter Beauty Edit and I'll be covering a topic that I think is the most important during the winter months. As the temperature drops and the wind picks up I've found that my skin has had a lot of trouble adjusting to the cooler weather. As my skin went through some transitions I found it harder to maintain as I was used to a skincare routine that focused on controlling oil rather than targeting dryness. After suffering from some really bad breakouts I decided to completely revamp my skincare routine. These are some products I've been using to really clear my skin and fight the winter weather.



To cleanse

You may have heard my rave review of the Pristine Oils Custom Cleanser and hands down this has been my holy grail skin care product to help my skin's crazy reaction to the change in weather. Check out my full review here.

Why is it good for winter?

As an oil, this cleanser is not only fantastic for really cleaning your face but is really moisturising and another way to inject the moisture that is drawn out of your skin from the cold, dry air.

To exfoliate

During the warmer months I would use a really intense face scrub to exfoliate and help balance out a lot of the oil on my face. As my skin became more dry I found that I still needed to exfoliate and remove some of the dry, flaky spots on my skin, but I didn't need something as deep. The Natio Detoxifying Face Scrub with Jojoba Beads is perfect for a gentle exfoliation.

Why is it good for winter?

This gentle scrub is perfect for a gentle exfoliation to remove dry skin and smooth out the skin without creating any irritation. As part of Natio's Acne range it also helps control breakouts. I use this scrub a couple of times a week.

To moisturise

My holy grail moisturiser is the Natio Antioxidant Face Moisturiser which I use as a night cream. Not only is it really moisturising but the antioxidants work so well to brighten and smooth the complexion. Another option for added moisture is the Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil. I love this rose hip oil because the smell isn't as intense as some other rose hip oils I've tried. Its really moisturising and is absorbed really quickly. Finally I've introduced the Benefit's It's Potent Eye Cream into my routine.

Why are they good for winter?

The cold, dry weather as well as not spending as much time outside in the sun can leave the skin looking sallow and thin. The Natio moisturiser really brings life back into the skin. I absolutely love using a face oil and in particular rose hip oil has helped so much in reducing the pigmentation from acne scarring. Again, another fantastic option for injecting moisture back into the skin. Adding an eye cream into my routine has been great to brighten under the eyes and add the the overall healthy look of my skin.

For the body

As I used to be a competitive swimmer and spent a lot of time in chlorine I know exactly how awful dry skin can be all over the body. While my skin doesn't get quite as scaly as it used to I definitely notice it becoming drying during the colder weather. I've been using the Dirty Works Buttery Salt Scrub as well as the Aveeno Stress Relief Lotion to moisturise.

Why is it good for winter?

The Dirty Works scrub is perfect as a deep exfoliation to remove all the dead skin from my body which just seem to build up so much more in the winter. I also love the Aveeno Lotion because in the colder months my skin gets a lot more irritated and this one is perfect for calming my skin and moisturising as well.

I hope you enjoyed this post and don't forget to check in tomorrow for another addition to my Winter Beauty Edit.

xx Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment