Pages

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Party Perfect in 5 Steps


With the new year just gone, I saw so many amazing glam looks up on Youtube. To be honest, I was a little intimidated because a lot of these looks featured complicated looking smokey-eyes. I love spending an hour or so getting ready but I can't even imagine how much time I would need take with my blending brushes to make sure my eye look was on point.

So instead of crying over my lack of makeup skills, I thought I would share with you how I like to do makeup for a special occasion. You can mix it up with shades or different finishes but when I get ready for a party it comes down to five easy steps:
  1. Flawless complexion with a fresh, glowy finish
  2. A pop of colour on the cheeks in a peachy coral or bright pink (a little bit of shimmer never goes astray either!)
  3. A sweep of bronzer all over the face
  4. Neutral eye look complimented with lots of lashes - add a bit of liner if you like!
  5. ...And for the lips I usually chose something fairly neutral, with a glossy finish to make my lips look plump and juicy.
I did the above look on my friend Natalie for a Christmas party she was going to. I used the base products mention in my sweat-proof makeup post to create a light-weight but flawless base, MAC Melba to add brightness and warmth to the face and shadows from the Lorac Mega Pro Palette for the eyes. In particular, I used the shade Apricot to tie in with the blush and make the eyes pop! P.S. how gorgeous does Nat look?

xx Catherine
Follow me!

Instagram @intentsbeauty
Twitter @cathsintents

No comments:

Post a Comment