Pages

Wednesday 28 January 2015

Brand Focus//Tarte

Tarte is fast becoming one of my favourite makeup brands ever. From the first sweep of blush across my cheeks, I knew it would be a long love affair. Now with Tarte available on Australian shores my hot little hands have got hold of some amazing products from the line.

As I mentioned above the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushes are of incredible quality and easily my favourite product from Tarte. My first Tarte blush was 'Natural Beauty' which is a classic rouge and absolutely gorgeous on pale skin tones! I love using this with a heavier eye look as it gives a natural flush. The other Tarte blushes in my collection are all limited edition which is very special but unfortunately you probably won't be able to get your hands on these shades unless they are re-released. In the Rainforest After Dark Palette is 'Unleased' a lovely muted, rosy nude and the Pin Up Girl Palette has five shades: Breathless, Embraced, Whimsy, Bashful and Irreplaceable. These blushes truly do last 12 hours which is fantastic for those who need their makeup to stay on through long days at work!


One of my favourite new finds from Tarte are their eyeshadows. I have been drooling over the new Tartlette palette on instagram but of course, it hasn't yet landed in Australia. Lucky I've already had a chance to try out their shadows in a few of their limited edition palettes I've got so I can tell you that I highly recommend picking up the Tartlette palette when it comes in stock in Sephora.


On high rotation for me at the moment is the 20 pan eyeshadow palette from the Bon Voyage Holiday Set. The matte shades are incredibly creamy and just a dream to apply. They are probably one of the best matte eyeshadow formulas that I have ever tried. They also last so well on the lids, which is quite a feat on my super slippery eyelids. The shimmers are also beautiful and shades apply true to pan. From gorgeous, every neutral shades to a dark forest green and deep navy this palette is a dream come true - a smooth and long-wearing dream.

Tarte definitely do eye products well because their mascaras also meet the mark. I have fallen in love with Lights, Camera, Flashes which is surprising because I usually hate mascara wands with plastic bristles. At first I wasn't impressed and mostly just ended up with mascara in my eye but once I figured out the two-step system I found this mascara gave amazing long and voluminous lashes - and it's as easy as using one side of the wand then turning it around and using the other side! Whilst Lights, Camera, Flashes has been in my makeup bag for a while, I've recently been trying the Gifted mascara which is beautiful for length, whilst still looking natural and the Lights, Camera, Lashes is somewhere in between the two.

I haven't tried too many of the Tarte lip products however I do recommend their LipSurgence Lip Tints. I have the shades 'Elite' a lovely peachy-coral and 'Romantic' a rosey-nude. These are similar to the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm stains with a creamy, moisturising formula whilst still packing a punch in terms of pigmentation. I also own one of their LipSurgence Lipgloss in 'Visionary'I'm not much of a lipgloss girl so I don't reach for this very often but its slightly too sticky for me to wear this on its own.

Finally, the product that started my Tarte obsession was the Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation. Whilst I used to be obsessed with mineral makeup, this product has sat in the back of my draw for a while. I'm glad I pulled it out again because the finish of this foundation is like unicorn babies have licked your face and left magical, buttery skin behind. I buff this foundation in using the Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush.


Tarte is available from Sephora in Sydney. Browse the Tarte collection here.

Follow me!

Instagram @_cat.mac
Twitter @cathsintents

No comments:

Post a Comment