Pages

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Shopping My (Sample) Stash

For about six months I was subscribed to both Bellabox and Violet Box as well as receiving the first Marie Claire subscription box. Subscription boxes are a really fun way to discover new beauty. Bellabox provided samples from popular brands and for cult products, while Violet Box truely opened my eyes up to the world of Indie Makeup brands and I discovered some real gems.

However, after six months I've accumulated more samples than one would ever need. I've discontinued both my subscriptions so I actually have a chance to properly try all my samples and hopefully find some new favourites and of course save some money!

I love to organise things so made the most out of this Ikea organiser to have all my samples easily accessible - and I've already discovered a few gems!

 

//Elizabeth Mott It's so BIG Volumizing Mascara [$25.00]
This one came in my last Bellabox and it's definitely a great find! Firstly, I would never have come across the brand if I didn't receive it in my box and secondly its the kind of mascara that's right up my alley - texture that's quite wet, medium sized fibre brush and gives both length and volume.

//KMS California Hair Play Moulding Paste [$31.99]
Now this is a real surprise find because I would never in my life have bought a hair styling product. I wash and brush my hair and that's about it. However, I rub just a little bit between my fingers and then brush it through my hair when its wet adding texture and volume - kind of like a 'beach waves' look. This sample was from a Violet Box way back!

//Camille Beckman Glycerine Hand Therapy [$18.95 - $21-95]
Best smelling hand cream ever!! My little sample pot has almost run out and I'm so tempted to buy a full size as it adds so much moisture to my lizard hands! Another great find from Violet Box.



I've linked below some of my subscription box reviews if you're interested - and a heads up, I would definitely give Violet Box ago if you are a beauty lover who already has a large stash.

Bellabox - September, August, July, June

xx Catherine

Follow me!

Instagram @intentsbeauty
Twitter @cathsintents

No comments:

Post a Comment