Pages

Thursday 1 January 2015

Beauty Favourites - Top 14 of 2014



Let's just say I tried a few beauty products in 2014. Actually, to be honest, its more than a few...probably into the hundreds. But I took one for the team and from exciting new releases to old favourites and cult products I've put together a list of my top 14 products of 2014. Enjoy!

FACE
1// Maybelline Fit Me Concealer ($14.95)
To be honest, I always felt I had to rely on high end products for my base but this concealer from Maybelline is incredible for the price. Perfect for under the eyes, on blemishes and to cover redness this is definitely by no.1 drugstore recommendation.

Review

2// The Body Shop Honey Bronzer ($22.95)
I don't think I have once used another bronzer since I picked this one up. Using a big fluffy brush adding a natural bronze to my face with this product is practically fool proof. A beautiful bronze shade that isn't orange at all and perfect for all skin tones as it comes in three shades. It's also really blend able and will last all day. Worth the investment!

Review

3// MAC Powder Blush in 'Melba' ($41.00)
This is everything you want in a blush - it blends beautifully, looks gorgeous on any skin tone and with any look and most importantly is a pretty great colour. Melba is one of those blushers I reached for when I didn't know what blush to wear. If you are just starting out with makeup or looking for a new signature blush, pop into a MAC store and try Melba - you won't be disappointed.

Swatches

EYES
4// Maybelline The Falsies Mascara ($19.95)
Another AWESOME find from the drugstore and once again Maybelline offers excellent value. The formula is great - not too wet or dry - and easy to work with along with a great want. It will last all day without smudging or flaking either. My favourite choice for thick, long lashes without much of a fuss.

Review

5// LancĂ´me Hypnose Mascara ($52.00)
My favourite ever mascara of all time! If you've read my blog all year you'll know I rave about this product a lot and it's been one of my favourite makeup products even before my makeup obsession when I wore makeup about three times a year. It's definitely a splurge item that I believe is worth the price tag. Unlike the mascara from Maybelline, this mascara will last longer, never irritate your eyes and with just one layer separate your lashes whilst adding amazing length and the perfect amount of volume every time.

Review

6// Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'Bad to the Bronze' ($11.95)
Yep, another amazing Maybelline product. The Colour Tattoos are cream eyeshadows that are perfect for that smokey eye look with about zero effort. Sweep over the eyelid using either your finger or a synthetic brush and voila! Easiest eye look ever. As the name 'tattoo' suggests, these really don't budge once you've applied them so they are a perfect eyeshadow option for summer. While 'Bad to the Bronze' is my favourite shade to wear on its own, I've got heaps of other shades that I like to use as a base for other eyeshadows to create extra dimension to my eye look.

Review

7// NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 'Milk' ($9.95)
Milk is the ultimate cult beauty product. It's not a new release by any means and a permanent addition to the NYX line but finding in stock is a mission. I wear this everyday as a highlight under my brows and it also makes an awesome eyeshadow primer. A great all-round product which is proven by it's popularity. If you're in Target, swing past the NYX stand to see if you can find one in stock - in which case you should buy it.

8// NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in 'Rue Bonaparte' ($32.00)
A product I've mentioned in my monthly roundup posts countless times this year because it really is one of my favourite products ever. I haven't yet found another eye pencil that stays in the waterline no matter what. It has a high price tag, especially for a pencil but well worth the money and you'll definitely get a lot of use out of it. With any makeup look this looks amazing on the waterline to make your eyes look bigger and brighter.

Review

9// Benefit Gimme Brow ($32.00)
2014 was the year of the brow and the search was on for the perfect brow product. I'm pretty happy with how far my brows have come this year and I have Benefit to thank for that. Apart from regular appointments to get a wax and tint the Benefit Gimme Brow worked to add a little bit of colour and hold those stray brow hairs in place. Literally the perfect brow gel with the handiest little wand making to super easy to apply too. My pick of the brow products this year!

Review

LIPS
10// MAC Lipstick in 'Plumful' ($36.00)
In my makeup explorations of 2014, I definitely tried more lipsticks than any other type of product. Plumful was my most worn and favourite shade meaning it is definitely an amazing product. A soft, rosy-purple shade in MAC's Lustre formula Plumful is not only super pretty on the lips but really comfortable to wear and moisturising too.

Review

NAILS - Reviews
11// Sally Hansen Insta- Dri Topcoat ($15.45)
If 2014 was a quest, it would be the quest for the best nail polish top coat - one that was super fast drying, extended the wear of my nail colour and would give a glossy, gel like finish. Thankfully, the quest was completed and I found it in the Sally Hansen display in Priceline. One of my favourite discoveries of the year, it has made doing manicures at home so much easier.

12// Essence Cosmetics Nail Hardener ($4.10)
I've been a nail biter my whole life and was only able to kick the habit about a year ago, so my much destroyed nails still need a lot of TLC. I would never have been able to grow my nails so long without this product, makes such a difference to the thickness and strength of your nails and is also under $5.

SKINCARE
13// Trilogy Rosehip Oil ($19.99)
This year I have discovered the wonders of adding natural oils into my skincare routine, and Rosehip oil has by far been my favourite. In the winter, it added the moisture I needed when my skin became really dry and in the warmer months helped balance out the excess oils being produced by my skin. Since using it my skin has been overall smoother and brighter. It also helps fade scars and other gross spots super fast!

Review

14// Natio Antioxidant Moisturiser ($17.95)
I'm a Natio lover from way back and their Antioxidant Moisturiser has been a staple in my skincare routine all year. It is really rich and hydrating without being heavy at all, making it easy to apply and soaks in quickly.

Review

So there is all my love to all my favourite beauty products of 2014. I hope you enjoyed my roundup of this years best in beauty. Don't forget to check out the links under each product for more in depth reviews from posts throughout the year :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

xx Catherine

Follow me!

Instagram @intentsbeauty
Twitter @cathsintents

No comments:

Post a Comment