Pages

Saturday 11 October 2014

Top 5 Lip Colours for Spring

While I have enjoyed experimenting with darker lip shades this past autumn and winter, I am beyond excited that the weather is warming up and I can bring out the corals again. There is nothing I love more than a bright coral lipstick! These are my top 5 lip colours for spring, ranging from super matte to glossy depending on your preferences. Unsurprisingly, most are coral shades!

// Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivids in 'Vibrant Mandarin' ($16.95)

Probably one of my favourite lipsticks ever! This is a orangy-coral shade that is so pigmented, super bright and a lot of fun to wear. The formula is really impressive for a drugstore lipstick and there is a reason these are marketed as 'vivid'. While this isn't a matte lipstick it is still really long wearing so it is perfect for the warmer weather.

Formula: Creamy formula with a satin finish.

// MAC Lipstick in 'Coral Bliss' ($36.00)

Coral Bliss is a beautiful peachy-coral shade that is perfect for both simple day looks and full-on night time looks. I love this shade on my pale skin tone and it is also one of those lipsticks that is really easy to wear and you can reapply without a mirror.

Formula: Cremesheen - medium opacity that can really be built up, beautifully glossy finish and moisturising on the lips.

// MAC Lipstick in 'Impassioned' ($36.00)

One of the latest additions to my MAC lipstick collection, Impassioned ticks all the boxes for a bright pink lipstick, mostly that it does lean somewhat into 'coral' territory. I have really been enjoying wearing pink shades lately but find that most pinks just do not agree with my skin tone and/or make my teeth look yellow. Impassioned has quickly become one of my favourite pink lipsticks because it suits me so well!

Formula: Amplified - super pigmented but still creamy and comfortable on the lips, slight glossy finish.

// Maybelline Colour Elixir in 'Petal Plush' ($17.95)

These new release glosses from Maybelline are so beautiful. This is such a perfect everyday shade because it is a perfect soft pink with shimmer through it and is so comfortable on the lips. I really wish these weren't so expensive because I think the price is really ridiculous - luckily Maybelline is always on sale somewhere and I would 100% recommend waiting until you can get these reduced.

Formula: Lip Gloss - a creamy, non-sticky gloss with high shine finish.

// Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in 'Pink Pong' ($24.00)

This is one for you matte lovers! Another pink shade that I think is really universal and looks great on all skin tones. I love this formula for a night out, not only because it is matte and bold but because it lasts so long even through eating and drinking.

Forumla: Matte Stain - a thin formula that dries super matte on the lips. Lasts a really long time on the lips and leaves a stain.

What colours will you be wearing for spring?

xx Catherine

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!!
Follow me!

Instagram @cathsintents
Twitter @cathsintents

No comments:

Post a Comment