Pages

Friday 17 July 2015

Tried and Tested: Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream


Recently, after exclaiming how gorgeous my friends' skin looked (shout out to Amels!) she told me she was wearing the Smashbox BB Cream. Being a lover of all makeup/skincare hybrids I picked up a sample from Mecca Maxima after guessing I was the lightest shade (and I was...as usual).

Whilst the shade match was perfect for me I was less than impressed with the product overall.

Initially, I was happy with application. I tried applying the product with a flat foundation brush as well as a sponge and found both worked quite well. The product does set quite quickly l but still gives you enough time to blend it into your skin. The finish on the skin is definitely more matte and has decent coverage as you would expect from a BB Cream. Overall, I didn't have any trouble with application however, I do prefer base products which don't dry as fast on the skin as I found that powder just didn't sit right on top of the BB Cream.

After putting the BB Cream to the test over a six hour work shift I found that it just didn't wear as well through the day as similar products I've tried. I always use a primer under my foundation as well as a setting spray on top so I did the same thing with the Smashbox BB Cream. However, I found that especially on my nose, forehead and chin it had worn away unevenly which I was not very happy about.

After talking to a makeup artist at Mecca Maxima about my experience they agreed that it doesn't work well on everyone and that the Complexion Rescue from Bare Minerals is a product that seems to look and sit better on a wider range of skin types.

Overall, whilst my experience wasn't fantastic it is still a decent, natural coverage base product that would be nice for short time wear. In my opinion, however, there are much better options at better price points too.

Find Smashbox at Mecca Maxima, Kit Cosmetics or at mecca.com.au

xx Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment